Its the weekend, Whatcha up to?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much here. We do most of our housecleaning on the weekends. (laundry, vacuuming, dishes that don't go in the dishwasher, etc).

My older daughter is away at her father's, my youngest daughter is at a sleepover, and hubby still has his lazy butt in bed

I might go into petsmart later on and have a look around... or I might hold off till my hubby's at work LOL... that way he can't talk me out of anything.

Nothing out of the norm planned here. My pain level is increasing and my functionality is decreasing, so I may not do alot
)

I have snakies to feed later on today or tomorrow...cages to clean, etc. We'll see how the weekend goes as to what I actually get accomplished.

Have a good weekend folks.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!

Well it's warmed up a bit but now it's starting to snow again. The proverbial rock and a hard place of the Canadian Winter.

Nothing special planned for today, have a couple of errands to run after lunch. Also promised to stop by my Aunts to help her rehang her drapes. She took them down for washing but apparently getting them down was easier then putting them back up

After that most likely just grab a movie for tonight and veg in front of the TV.

Most of the birds are back at the feeder this morning so that is giving the kitties something to do.

Everyone have a great day

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm heading out pretty soon to go the my vets new building. Its been open for a while but the grand opening is today and I've spent so much money there that I'd like to get a tour of the place. Once I get back home I'm going to try to talk myself into finally cleaning the bathroom and I'll probably spend the rest of the day cooking. The plan is to make a ton of muffins to freeze for quick breakfast.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a three day weekend! I'm just laying around watching movies and reading with my fiance. Monday he has to work and I'm having lunch with a friend I haven't seen in a while.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had some cuddle time with Trout this morning

Today, I am going to go workout and go for a run. After that Josh and I are going to pick out the tuxes. We might go to Smiths Falls tonight and sleepover at his dads because we are going to his church in the morning to meet the pastor who will be doing our counselling.

Then after church tomorrow, we are meeting with the florist and the dj!

Busy weekend!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'm snowed in.
Or rather, blown in.
OUCH. That stinks. When did it start getting windy for you? It's windy here today, but the temp is rising
The only prob tho, even tho temp is rising, with the wind blowin' it still feels really cold. But the snow is hard, so its not blowing that around, thankfully. I really feel for you guys, I can't imagine living in Minnesota and dealing with this every winter. This is not normal winter cold for us.

Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

...I'll probably spend the rest of the day cooking. The plan is to make a ton of muffins to freeze for quick breakfast.
I'm working on that too, cooking that is. Just made 2 stews for the crockpot. My family won't eat the healthy, green veg + stew that I make, so I have to make 2. My stew has ground turkey, spinach, beans, onions, brocolli, mushrooms and cream chicken soup. The other stew has potatoes, peas, carrots and ground beef with tomato soup.

I bake muffins and freeze them too. My hubby takes 2 muffins for lunch every day. I find it sooooo much easier to bake them and freeze them. I'll usually do 4-6doz at a time.

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

After that Josh and I are going to pick out the tuxes. We might go to Smiths Falls tonight and sleepover at his dads because we are going to his church in the morning to meet the pastor who will be doing our counselling.

Then after church tomorrow, we are meeting with the florist and the dj!

Busy weekend!
How exciting
When is the big day?

My hubby and I were married in 2007, and I remember all the running we did. All that work for one day. Worth it, but tiresome at the same time.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have today off. Have lots of errands to run. A new keyboard for this computer as i fried yet another one and I'm using some trial software w/a keyboard onscreen. See about selling more books in my process of major decluttering. then off to a club meeting this afternoon. tomorrow, i work.

oh yeah... and restock the dry cat food.

Amanda [typing a lot slower than normal]

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

OUCH. That stinks. When did it start getting windy for you?
About 3 days ago.
Oh wait - a week ago. I was snowed in on Wed. And Thurs until I think 2PM the plow finally came through (didn't come at all wed). Fri at 11PM when I was coming home - I had a hard time bucking the drifts in my car. Go country roads!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked this morning, 5-1, then came home and crashed. My tummy is upset for some reason.. I hope it's just a passing thing, because we want to go to the cat show in Moline Sunday.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Sunday afternoon here!

I worked last night 5.30pm till 12am and am working tonight 6pm-11pm. I also had my judging exam yesterday!

I went to the gym today for an hour (my guest pass expires today
) I've got litter boxes to do before I go to work.

It's a public holiday in Wellington tomorrow!

Have a good weekend.

spatulahandle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday...I went to a Pulmonary Hypertention support group meeting with my boss ( I am a caregiver), went home and sat in my newly arranged living room that my husband spent all day working on, fixed dinner, then sat at my desk and made christmas cards to fill for orders that I have taken for this Christmas.

Today...I am taking it easy, but have to go to the grocery store and my nieces first birthday party this afternoon. Then I will work on more cards later.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Saturday morning we got up at around 3:30am and got ready for a roadtrip! Left for Ashland, KY at 4:45ish and drove through SC, NC (got a ticket in Statesville!), VA, WV, OH, and KY. I was so excited to see snow
We stopped at a WV K-mart and I picked up some leftover snow. Took a few pictures of it too. I haven't seen a good snow in about 5 years, and there was a good bit along the road in WV.

Picked up gym equipment in KY, then left again to head home at 1:15pm. Got back to the house around 9-9:30pm. It wasn't too bad of a trip, really. We considered stopping at my parents' house in Charlotte on the way back, but figured if we came back to SC we'd be able to sleep in that day and not worry about driving another 3 hours!

This morning we woke up around 9:30am, then went to the storage unit to drop off some 18 & 19" chrome Corvette C6 rims for my Camaro we bought. Went grocery shopping, then came back to the house. Lazed around and watched a few shows, then watched The Return of the Living Dead for belated date-night movie. Went to Logan's Roadhouse for our belated date-night dinner. Now we're back at the house and will probably go to bed early.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's Monday here
But the last few days i've been going Fimo (polymer clay) crazy! I'm attempting to make some really cool pieces that i can wear when uni starts in 4 weeks. I'm also trying to follow some impressive tutorials where you can make 1/12 scale food like cupcakes and donuts etc lol. They're so cute
I can turn these into hairclips, pendants, earrings, bracelets etc, it's so versatile!

Apart from that, still sticking to my diet. Didn't lose anything the last week though, that time of the month giving me water retention (tmi?) blah, hot weather and diets do NOT go together!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We were supposed to pick up a lock of Willi's fur that the vet saved for us. We missed the closing by 5 minutes (we had to do errands before that, and were taking longer than expected).

DH had a swell time--fixing the downstairs leaking toilet valve, which has been on the fritz since 12/13 (he thought he had it fixed before). What a mess for him!

Tomorrow will be 1 week since Willi died, and I'm still feeling sad, but trying to keep busy. My BIL came down Sat. AM, to stay overnight.

We also had a very short visit from a friend of DH's this afternoon.

I decided to get rid of the 2 round end tables in the living room, as the cats have knocked them (and the lamps) over one too many times. I bought 2 floor lamps, and moved in 2 bookcases from the study, 1 flanking each end of the sofa. They look better there, than flanking the fireplace. We still have a coffee table, so we don't need the end tables.

I picked apart a modern straw hat, dampened the straw, and hand-sewed a repro 18th C. ladies' hat while watching the EAGLES LOSE TO THE CARDINALS
Now, we're watching the Steelers.

Not a very exciting weekend, I'm afraid, but better than last Sunday: Willi took ill that day, and died the next day. I'm trying to get over that.