WooHOOO, the cold is supposed to break

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tonight

I am soooo tired of freezing my butt off. (actually it wouldn't be so bad if I did lose some of my butt
)

Our "hourly forecast"

5 am-21°C Mainly clear
6 am-22°C Cloudy periods
7 am-22°C Cloudy periods
8 am-21°C Variable cloudiness
9 am-19°C Variable cloudiness
10 am-18°C Variable cloudiness
11 am-16°C Cloudy with sunny breaks

by the afternoon its supposed to hit -12, evening -6, overnight -4.
High for tommorrow -5, low -10

Anyone elses cold front supposed to break today?

I'm happy its breaking
but on the same hand, I'm not looking foreward to it because I have weather orientated pain, and this is gonna hurt like heck.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're not facing weather THAT bad - but it was -7 here until about an hour ago. We're living in an RV, and our water froze. We got up every hour last night to make sure it kept going once we got it unfrozen yesterday. It's been a nightmare!

Hope everyone's OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

We're not facing weather THAT bad - but it was -7 here until about an hour ago. We're living in an RV, and our water froze. We got up every hour last night to make sure it kept going once we got it unfrozen yesterday. It's been a nightmare!

Hope everyone's OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie
Oh no....that's awful. I hope it didn't cause any damage to your pipes.

My neighbour, his outside tap.... the pipe for it runs along the ceiling of his lower level. It froze and the pipe burst when it thawed
Lots of water damage.

not fun at all.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

tonight

I am soooo tired of freezing my butt off. (actually it wouldn't be so bad if I did lose some of my butt
)

Our "hourly forecast"

5 am-21°C Mainly clear
6 am-22°C Cloudy periods
7 am-22°C Cloudy periods
8 am-21°C Variable cloudiness
9 am-19°C Variable cloudiness
10 am-18°C Variable cloudiness
11 am-16°C Cloudy with sunny breaks

by the afternoon its supposed to hit -12, evening -6, overnight -4.
High for tommorrow -5, low -10

Anyone elses cold front supposed to break today?

I'm happy its breaking
but on the same hand, I'm not looking foreward to it because I have weather orientated pain, and this is gonna hurt like heck.
I was just thinking "that's a break????" when I realized you were talking Celcius and not F. That always confuses me. So, your -10 C is like our 20 F, right? Am I close? Actually, that WOULD feel like a heat wave right now. It's not so bad in town, but I live on the top of a mountain and the wind never stops blowing.

I hope you don't have a lot of pain when it "warms up". Let me guess...with the colder temps everything was just numb so you didn't feel it!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's about time it "warmed up" to -16°C!
Yesterday was so cold that when I took the garbage out I froze in the two minutes it took to do that. My hands were icicles from touching the metal bar on the dumpster, and I was shivering when I came in. Thank God I didn't have to go anywhere yesterday. Today we're venturing out for the 10 minute walk to the supermarket.
Living wild times, I tell you.
Chris, I hope it doesn't hurt too bad with the weather change.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I was just thinking "that's a break????" when I realized you were talking Celcius and not F. That always confuses me. So, your -10 C is like our 20 F, right? Am I close? Actually, that WOULD feel like a heat wave right now. It's not so bad in town, but I live on the top of a mountain and the wind never stops blowing.
LOL, yah I know, the C and F always confuses me too.

-10C is 14F and -20C is -4F

It's getting windy here now too, so although the temp is raising a bit, it still feels pretty darn cold out. But at least my nose hairs don't freeze today

I hope you don't have a lot of pain when it "warms up". Let me guess...with the colder temps everything was just numb so you didn't feel it!
I wish LOL. The cold goes straight into my bones... the kind of cold that you cannot get rid of.

But when the weather changes dramatically, whether it be from warm to cold, cold to warm, damp to dry, etc. My pain levels increase substantially.

I need to move somewhere warm and dry LOL. As much as I laugh about it, give me 10yrs and I may actually consider it. (moving that is) It's awful now, and I'm only 31... can't imagine what it'll be like when I'm older

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had enough of the cold too! We're supposed to get 15 cm of snow though today and overnight though Wendy...if it's not one thing it's another!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

It's about time it "warmed up" to -16°C!
Yesterday was so cold that when I took the garbage out I froze in the two minutes it took to do that. My hands were icicles from touching the metal bar on the dumpster, and I was shivering when I came in. Thank God I didn't have to go anywhere yesterday. Today we're venturing out for the 10 minute walk to the supermarket.
Living wild times, I tell you.
Chris, I hope it doesn't hurt too bad with the weather change.
LOL, I know eh...its about time. I never thought I'd get excited about -10 to
-15, up untill this week

Last night, my daughter went for a sleepover and I stood outside watching the kids walk to the neighbours... bout a couple mins. Oh my, I was FROZE, and I was dressed warm too but any skin showing HURT and my nose was frozen. YUCK.

You are much braver than I am. I'm not going anywhere today (unless we drive) because of the wind.

I can't tell if its actually snowing or if its just the wind blowing snow from the rooftops

On a happier note, the 7 day forecast has one day at 0. WOOHOOOOOO

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, more snow means better skiing, but that windchill really makes it hard to get out an do anything.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have actually already left the deep freeze here in cottage country. I just came in from outside where it is snowing lightly and a balmy -12C which is a vast improvement from the -37C yesterday morning.
It looks like we having a reprieve from the cold the next couple days but it's time to get the snow-shovels ready to go again.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am SO glad I don't live in Snow Country. To me 50 degrees is almost unbareable. I don't know how you people do it year after year in that sub zero weather and all of that snow.