If you were given a chance to be immortal, would take it?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know if I would want to be. I would probably say no.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope. Life would lose it's excitement. Part of my motivation for doing things is that I only have a finite amount of time in this world. and if *only* I was immortal, that would suck, because everyone else would die around me, and I would lose all my family before too long.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes. One of my greatest fears is of dying. Also, I want to experience the more futuristic times. Of course I would like a couple of other people I really care about to also be immortal along with me.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No. I do have a fear of dying, but I don't want people to be dying around me while I live.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Then I'd wait about 70 years and go look up all my ex-girlfriends and show them how awesome i look.

Seriously though, yeah i'd take it. without hesitation.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, yes and YES.

Not long ago we did not have air planes, cars or electricty....
I would love to be a part of what humans do in the next thousand (10,000) years.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I would definitely take it!

Eventually time travel will be invented, so then you could go back and visit those you miss

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have to say no, as I wouldn't want to see those I love the most die around me, and the thought of living on until the world ends would be too much to bear.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DeeDeeMay

I would have to say no, as I wouldn't want to see those I love the most die around me, and the thought of living on until the world ends would be too much to bear.

Although I fear dying, I do not want my children to die before me, or my husband. I do not want to see those days at all.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

yep, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Then I'd wait about 70 years and go look up all my ex-girlfriends and show them how awesome i look.

Seriously though, yeah i'd take it. without hesitation.

That's pretty funny.

My answer would be no.... I wouldn't want to live forever. My boyfriend said he'd take the offer as long as he could have a "snuff" button so he could end things if he wanted!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I honestly don't know. I don't know if I would. There was a TV show (now canceled) in which the main character was immortal and it pointed out the downside of it.

What was the name of the show? It is going to drive me crazy now.

ETA - It was New Amsterdam.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good question.

One movie that really changed the way I looked at Imortality was 'Interview with the Vampire' My reason for that was the feel of the movie in the beginning where Louis and everyone lived in New Orleans (I believe it was the French Quarter), then when he went back years and years and years later, it was so different, the charm, the calm, the romance, everything was gone, it was all modern. I think I would probably hang on to one certain time and possibly long for it.

BUT>>> The knowledge, the change in architecture, the technology, the inventions, I would love to see them all. I would hate to see how man changes though, I feel as though we are regressing in ways. I have high hopes for man, and that we will pull through what ever happens, but as a whole, I am scared we won't.

The very very hard part... I would hate to see my loved ones grow old and die while I don't. I would hate to watch my cats grow old and die over and over and over again. It would eventually kill my ability to love, and I would fear loosing my compassion and humanity. I think I would like a longer life, but not that.

Be safe.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To watch everyone you love, everyone you know, die around you. The world changes, yet you are helpless to do anything - you don't have the power to save those you love - and must continually suffer watching them die.

I would, on one hand, love to be immortal. On the other, the death would suck. I'd have to say yes I'd probably go for it - immortality cannot be foolproof, eventually there would be some way to die.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

ETA - It was New Amsterdam.
I forgot about that show! I liked it, and was bummed that it was canceled so quickly.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I would in a heart beat! Frankly the thought of dying freaks me right out! I would love to live forever, or at the very least 500 or 1000 years.
Same here! I am terrified of dying.