40$ vac rivals the dyson

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I loved my Dyson and just went looking for a "quick" clean up machine ..I had considered spending 300-400 on a "ball" Dyson OH I am so glad I did not . I found the Nano lite by Hoover it was 40$ and the box says 30% better cleaning than the Dyson DC 18 ... I thought yeah right ... Well it cleans better than my DC 17 and is so light and able to get into little spaces ... I cleaned three carpeted rooms and a bathroom in ten minutes with ease ... and it is WAY easier to clean than my Dyson

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the review and suggestion. I plan to start tearing up the carpet in all but one room around February - March and needed something affordable until then, and after for only one room and maybe a rug.
DH has been eyeing up Dyson's but I refuse to spend $300-400 when I'll end up one only one room to use it on.

Where did you buy the Nano lite?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got it at wal mart ....

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yes a washable one that is replaceable

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Does it work on any surface or only carpet? I really need to get something that is easy to grab for quick clean-up instead of hauling out my big vacuum.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the tip. I've been keeping my eye out for a smallish vaccuum for in-between touch ups.

Does it work on any surface or only carpet?
I found it on the Hoover website and it says it's safe for all surfaces - it has a brush roll turn off. I have mostly hardwood floors and use the brush roll shut off on my big vacuum or the hose attachment. My DH wants me to get a canister vacuum but I really don't like them.
http://www.hoover.com/product.aspx?m...40900&ds=false

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We need to rename this place: Consumer Reports for vacuum cleaners.

Gotta love the advice you get from fellow cat owners on essential consumer products!

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Does it work on any surface or only carpet? I really need to get something that is easy to grab for quick clean-up instead of hauling out my big vacuum.
I use a $30 Swiffer Vac to clean my hardwood floors. The cleaning pad picks up dust and the vacuum picks up small debris (and cat hair of course). It's cordless which makes it really easy to handle. I question how long the rechargeable battery will last though. I've always thought that if it didn't last long that it was no big deal to replace it since it only costs $30. But if the Nano is only $40 it sounds like something to consider as a replacement. I wonder if a vacuum would pick up dust as well as a pad does though??

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

yes a washable one that is replaceable
Thank you. I may have to check it out. What a great buy. I've wondered about the Dyson, but I certainly don't want to pay that much for one.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LovesMyCats

Thank you. I may have to check it out. What a great buy. I've wondered about the Dyson, but I certainly don't want to pay that much for one.
it is according to the box a allergen filter up to 5 microns( they must not use the hepa brand ... sorry for that incorrect info

it did great on the bathroom floor , my dyson spews stuff on hard surfaces ... I also use a haan steam cleaner( does carpet sanitizing