If You Could Choose Your Own Name...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What would it be?

ClixPix's name thread got me to thinking about names, and which ones I really like. I've always had a fondness for the names Stephanie, Laura, & Valerie (which is actually me sister's name). If I could choose my last name, it would be Stevenson, Kendall, or Michaels. There are more, but those are at the top of the list.

Just out of curiousity, which names do you like?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i guess i'd choose one of the names i chose long ago for my [never-born] children... Dara Letitia [means Pearl of Wisdom, Joy]. Dara is the name of one of my great-grandmothers - i just think Letitia goes well with it.
maybe one of the others - DesireÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] Ruth [means Hoped for Compassionate Friend] - Ruth is my mother's middle name.
but i like mine just fine - Laureen Janet [means victorious gift of God].

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the name Sydney
I also like Elizabeth and Mary, Mary was my grandma's name and if I ever have children, not very likely, a girl's middle name will be Mary

I actually like my name, I think Katie fits me to a T
it's very close to kitty
my family actually calls me Kate for the most part, that sounds a little more grown up than Katie

scampersmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like the names Victoria and Ginger

My name was Stephanie for the first five weeks of my life, before mom and dad adopted me haha

yourbriness763

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I absolutely hate my last name! Its swedish, not that there's anything wrong with being swedish or anything but my dad's adopted so he's not really swedish...I've got a thing for Italians so I always wanted to change my last name to Tucci, not really sure why but I like it, as far as my first name, (sabrina) I like it, I hated it as a kid but it's different & I like to be different now that I'm older...

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never have liked my name since it is so unusual. I have always liked the name Amanda Joy or Melissa Ann.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
interesting question.

I like the name i have now. John but i go by JT because my dad is also John

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I already did choose my own name

I had my first name legally changed in 2000

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My last names (two) are plain and popular. I would like to spice it up a bit
I like the name Olivia for a first name. but I do really love my first name

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to change my name to Morgan several years ago. I still use it for writing on occasion, but rarely. I do use a pen name, so I use that as a way to give myself a new name, but still use my given first name.

Amanda

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like my name. I don't hear it very often, so I like it. I really like the name Bronwyn though.
I hated my maiden name but I like my married last name.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have always loved both of my Grandma's names... Eva and Sada.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm fine with my first name, EXCEPT, I would like it spelled differently.
It's Christina. I like it spelled Krystyna. But I do have one big issue with my name.

People enjoy dropping the A off it, and calling me Christine. Which I can NOT stand at all. My real father did that, to purposely tick me off and to this day, it is a huge pet peeve. I do get very angry about it.

If you can't remember my name is Christina, then call me Chris like everyone else does.

Certain people can get away with calling me Christie, and my gramma called me Tina Marie. (middle name is Marie). Most call me Chris tho, and I like that.

Some other names I like:

Kassandra, Kassidy, and Kiyomi.

When I was a teen, I loved the names Kendra, Kayleigh and Kassidy. Those were my baby names
I ended up having 2 daughters name Kendra and Kayleigh

I don't like my married name..... way too common.

tofu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm very happy with my name (Rachael) and I don't think I would change it. My boyfriend (of 4 yrs)'s last name, however, is awful. His mother even said the biggest mistake she made was taking her husband's last name. So, I've told him when we get married I'm not taking it. I said he could keep it if he wants but he has actually decided to take mine instead!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tofu

I'm very happy with my name (Rachael) and I don't think I would change it. My boyfriend (of 4 yrs)'s last name, however, is awful. His mother even said the biggest mistake she made was taking her husband's last name. So, I've told him when we get married I'm not taking it. I said he could keep it if he wants but he has actually decided to take mine instead!
Very cool