TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › More recognition for the Pres-Elect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

More recognition for the Pres-Elect

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Gun Salesman of the Year

http://www.ammoland.com/2009/01/14/o...n-of-the-year/

With the selection, Outdoor Wire publisher Jim Shepherd says it is time the firearms industry recognizes the fact that without President-elect Obama’s frightening consumers into action, the firearms industry might be suffering the same sort of business slumps that have befallen the automotive and housing industries.

“It’s credit where credit is due,†says Shepherd, “Mr. Obama has consistently voted against individual rights to firearms, appointed a re-tread Clinton administration full of gun banners, and made it plain to anti-gun groups that despite what he might say to the contrary, he’s on their side.â€


Gotta love it.
post #2 of 16
I guess Michelle Obama's job at the hospital wasn't to important, it was cut.

http://www.cdobs.com/archive/our-col...liminated,2486

Quote:
She hasn’t shown up for work very regularly over the last year or so, so when Michelle Obama’s $300,000 job was cut at the University of Chicago Hospitals, it may have been hard to notice the difference. Crain’s skipped the part about the incoming First Lady, must have been an oversight in their expert analysis of Chicago Business, because we know Crain’s is “Not show business. All businessâ€.
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I guess Michelle Obama's job at the hospital wasn't to important, it was cut.

http://www.cdobs.com/archive/our-col...liminated,2486
It's amazing how a blog writer can put a slant to the very articles (s)he links to.
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I guess Michelle Obama's job at the hospital wasn't to important, it was cut.

http://www.cdobs.com/archive/our-col...liminated,2486
So let's go after the new first lady now. Did Laura Bush even work?

tit for tat.
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofmany View Post
So let's go after the new first lady now. Did Laura Bush even work?

tit for tat.
As a matter of fact, she was a well respected teacher.
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofmany View Post
So let's go after the new first lady now. Did Laura Bush even work?

tit for tat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
As a matter of fact, she was a well respected teacher.
She was a second grade teacher for two years, and became a librarian after getting her Master's degree. She gave up gainful employment when she married in 1977.
First Lady Biography: Laura Bush
post #7 of 16
Right now, at this point, everything the Obama's do is recognized. It is a part of the world we live in. Face recognition sells. Barack Obama is one of the most recognized faces in the world right now and everyone wants a piece of the pie. No pun intended. I am sure that gun sellers and manufacturers are pushing sales claiming better get them now before he takes them away. It sells. I saw where an advertising group estimated that all the hoopla over Obama's blackberry on whether he keeps it or not is the equivalent of 50 million dollars in free advertising. That is just mindboggling to me. It is the reason people are slapping his face on just about everything there is. He sells. I was going to get a coffee mug for my husband as a tounge in cheek look we are part of the inauguration present. But the ones I saw were so cheap I couldn't bring myself to do it. If I get one I want a least some semblence of quality. You should see what the vendors are selling here in DC it is pretty wild. Cracks me up everytime I see some of the more crazier selections.
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofmany View Post
So let's go after the new first lady now. Did Laura Bush even work?

tit for tat.

Why is that question asked in such a disparaging way? So Laura Bush didn't have paid employment after her marriage. What's the implication of that? Is it ok that she campaigned for her husband, did volunteer work and raised two children? Does that "count"?

I've no doubt that if Michelle Obama never worked but was a volunteer and/or a stay-at-home mom that there wouldn't be one critical word about it.
And nor should there be.
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
As a matter of fact, she was a well respected teacher.
(Referring to Laura Bush):
And librarian (think it was a school librarian position). To become a librarian, one must first obtain an MLS, a Master of Library Science degree. Formerly, one could become a school librarian without the MLS, but increasingly, many schools are demanding that you have an MLS. In PA, an MLS from an ALA-accredited library school costs between $15,000-$38,000. The cost is one of the reasons why I do not have an MLS .
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTLynn View Post
Why is that question asked in such a disparaging way? So Laura Bush didn't have paid employment after her marriage. What's the implication of that? Is it ok that she campaigned for her husband, did volunteer work and raised two children? Does that "count"?

I've no doubt that if Michelle Obama never worked but was a volunteer and/or a stay-at-home mom that there wouldn't be one critical word about it.
And nor should there be.

It reminds me of the way SaraH Palin was disparaged by many on this forum and many others. Women are so vicious to other women.
I will NEVER forget the way Palin was treated and is STILL being treated.
Being condemned for bearing a Down's syndrome baby because some thought the right thing to do was kill the baby. Niiice
I guess all the volunteer work Laura Bush did doesn't count for much, it only counts when you are being paid cold hard cash.
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
It reminds me of the way SaraH Palin was disparaged by many on this forum and many others. Women are so vicious to other women.
I will NEVER forget the way Palin was treated and is STILL being treated.
Being condemned for bearing a Down's syndrome baby because some thought the right thing to do was kill the baby. Niiice
I guess all the volunteer work Laura Bush did doesn't count for much, it only counts when you are being paid cold hard cash.
I don't recall, nor can I find, any post by anyone on this forum even hinting that the baby should have been killed

As for the job, the comparison was made against a paying job, so why should volunteer work be compared?
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTLynn View Post
Why is that question asked in such a disparaging way?
Because of the implication made that Michelle's job was so unimportant that it was cut. That remark was disparaging, thus the tit for tat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
It reminds me of the way SaraH Palin was disparaged by many on this forum and many others. Women are so vicious to other women.
I will NEVER forget the way Palin was treated and is STILL being treated.
Being condemned for bearing a Down's syndrome baby because some thought the right thing to do was kill the baby. Niiice
The funny thing is that it is the republicans that keep bringing this up. Who is condemning her for her down's syndrome baby?
post #13 of 16
It isn't the Republicans doing it.

Skippy if you will notice, that is not what I said.

I said she was disparaged on this forum and she was, repeatedly and there is no denying that.

The debate is on-going by the Palin haters that Trig is not her biological son.
It is pathetic and disgusting the way Sarah Palin was treated.
And Obama had the nerve to say his wife was off limits and nothing and I mean nothing even comparable to what Sarah Palin went through was said or done to Obama, Biden, Michelle Obama or McCain.

It showed me the depths of the meaness of many people in this country.
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
It isn't the Republicans doing it.
On this forum, that is exactly what just happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
It isn't the Republicans doing it.

Skippy if you will notice, that is not what I said.
I am looking at your statement as to how is pertains on this forum. Although there are several of us I'm sure that frequent other forums, there are just as many if not more that do not. It's some of that broad brushing we hear about to equate posters here with a statement read somewhere else.
post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 
Meh, this forum or that forum, the bashing happened and it continues. Laura Bush has served her Country well, as has Sarah Palin. They got little or nothing in return for it, so Ms. O should be prepared to accept criticisms if they come as well.
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Meh, this forum or that forum, the bashing happened and it continues. Laura Bush has served her Country well, as has Sarah Palin. They got little or nothing in return for it, so Ms. O should be prepared to accept criticisms if they come as well.
Ah, but that is generalizing. There was no one on this forum "condemning" Palin for not aborting her baby.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › More recognition for the Pres-Elect