Freaking out a bit

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has been one of the toughest weeks of my life and I am going to have a nervous breakdown. My baby girl was in the hospital with RSV and my husband got laid off. That turned out to be fine for now because I needed him to help with the other kids but I am not sure what we are going to do for money. We had to postpone Kellers spay because we just couldn't afford it right now. I have her on the waiting list for a discounted spay clinic. It also looks like she may have ringworm again (Zeus has it but he is quarantineed). Our outdoor strays went to an adoption event yesterday and in the process of getting them all loaded into the car Keller got outside and we haven't seen her since yesterday. She is deaf and has been an indoor only cat so I fear for her safety. It has also been very cold here. I am going to knock on all the neighbors doors this morning to see if someone took her in. Please pray that I find her. She is a prime target for prey, cars, or bad people.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that you find Keller.

What an awful week you've had
I hope next week is wayyy better.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of vibes your way that you find poor Keller today!

I'm so sorry you are going through all of this.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for all of your troubles. If you have pictures of her that you could put around the neighborhood, that may help also. Many Prayers that Keller will return home safely and your other problems get solved. Please keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The good news is I live in a decent neighborhood and all 3 strays got adopted!!!
I knew they would because they were wonderful cats...and beautiful too
I am printing flyers for Keller right now. She was not in heat but can she still get pregnant?

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thats great that the others got adopted, I hope you find little Keller, she a beauty. Please keep us updated. Good luck.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AMYSCRAZY

She was not in heat but can she still get pregnant?
Yes she can, cats are induced ovulators so if a determined tom gets her she can get pregnant. Less likely if she's not in heat but can happen.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like crying!
No sign of her yet. We put flyers everywhere and talked with most of the neighbors. She is easy to catch because she can't hear you coming and I hope if someone has her they will return her. This is the most recent picture taken a few weeks ago, her hair is a bit longer now. She must be scared. The only cats I see around the neighborhood were the strays I was feeding. We had those spayed and neutered. I jusy want her home safe.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...llerhair-1.jpg

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She may not hear, but her other senses are stronger. I'm Praying she will return to you.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still no Keller and I am feeling very anxious ;(

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AMYSCRAZY

Still no Keller and I am feeling very anxious ;(
So sorry to hear. Have you asked the neighbors? Maybe someone saw her and took her (hope not).

I truly hope she appears. I understand how you feel. One of nine was missing for 3 days until I got home from work one day and there he was. Hope the same for you!

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing is open around here on the weekend but I will check first thing Monday. I hope she is safe somewhere.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 4:30 this morning I was awoken to the most awful cat noises outside. I went outside and there was about 5 cats including Keller out there. They all took off including Keller, she didn't even see me, just chased after them and disappeared. I know she is still alive but I am afraid all the noise and cats were about trying to mate with her

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had a female get out on me once.....she was a stray we had just got into the house weeks b4 that...she was scheduled to be spayed that week..but was gone for 4/5 days...She came back I can't recall on the 4th or 5th day...and a few months later had 5 kittens...she wasn't in heat either....I'm sorry I hope she comes back soon.....

Nancy

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my baby goes down for a nap we are going out to look for her again. I hope to get her before they do. It didn't appear that she was ready to let them mate with her yet.