A Plane is Down in the Hudson River!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just came on the TV a plane is down in the Hudson River, from the footage, I can see Ferry boats all around the plane and they are getting people off, it was headed for Charlotte

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!!! I am watching this on NBC! That is sooo scary! One theory is that it was a bird strike that scuttled the plane - geese!

I'm going to NYC next month and I am not fond of flying in and out of LaGuardia b/c it sticks out into the water. Same with Logan in Boston - kind of unnerving depending on your approach or your takeoff.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am wondering if they made sure that any animals that might have been in cargo were removed. I know it sounds like they got all of the people off. I hope no animals were left behind.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone is out, not sure about animals, lets hope there were none on it
Right now, they are just trying to control the planes movement with the fast moving current.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy smoke!
The plane came down right near my apartment building!

This pilot apparently had time to make a decision to slow down and make a very controlled landing in the water, and kudos to him. With high-rises all around, it could have been disastrous.

And kudos to the flight attendants, because it looks like everyone got out alive. We're watching at work, but I haven't heard for sure.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Everyone involved needs to be commended, Pilot, crew, flight attedants, passengers & the rescue workers. It looks like all may be alive, without any serious injuries. Just confirmed all people are off the plane

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm fairly sure there were no animals on the plane, I'm watching it on the news as I write this and it says everyone got off safely

No animals harmed!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thank goodness there were no pets on board though....

I would be so heartbroken if there were....

and poor geese too.... thought I dont feel too bad for them because of the nasty run in I had with them in the past....

They are viscious little creatures!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoa! I wonder what was going through the pilot's mind, probably a whole slew of scenarios. It's amazing that all the people survived and were able to get out. Poor geese, though.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One network expert was talking about what the pilot's first thought be. I actually think the first thing the pilot would think would be "Oh,
!"

Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I am wondering if they made sure that any animals that might have been in cargo were removed. I know it sounds like they got all of the people off. I hope no animals were left behind.
I was wondering about that, too.

Anyone else remember watching when that plane crashed into the Potomac some years ago?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, how scary! And what a miracle that noone was seriously injured. I'm sure the people on the planes lives flashed before their eyes.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that's so scary! Apparently passengers are being treated for hypothermia and shock - I can just imagine how cold it would be in the Hudson - brrrrrr!!!!!!

Given that most airlines don't transport animals when it's cold, I would be VERY surprised if there were any on board.

Being on a plane when something like that happens is my worst nightmare!

scampersmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm just glad everyone got off the plane! I never realized how many flights come to Charlotte... I wondered why we were adding a third runway haha!