Is this a Savannah cat?

danralexander

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I bought her at the humane society so I dont know what kind of bread she is. From what I understand she purrs like a Savannah. What do you think?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww! I don't know if she's part Savannah, but she has a "squeaky flywheel" purr! I have heard other cats with that kind of purr who were just "moggies" - you know - mutt cats. She is also giving you love blinkies!

She is beautiful. Her fur looks ticked... but she's definitely a tabby. Besides, without papers, there is really no way to know.

Is that an EMU blanket on your bed? Are you a student there? My sis teaches there.

ETA: my guess is that she is a loving, loud-purring domestic shorthair.

BTW - Savannahs are big muscular cats with the arrowhead- rosette spots on them like their wild ancestors.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She doesn't look like a Savannah (which isn't a very common breed). Every cat has a very individual purr, and meow (my 3 all purr and meow differently), so guessing breed just by the purr probably wouldn't give you much.

I also guess that she's a Domestic Shorthair (DSH), and a very happy one at that!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful! I think that squeaky-purr means she's really happy
at least that's what I believe it means when my Bella does it...

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmmmm, can't answer on the breed question, but the squeaky purr part is a bit ... concerning, if not cute to say the least. Otherwise, when she is breathing normally, does she sound congested at all? Any sneezing or coughing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danralexander

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Is that an EMU blanket on your bed? Are you a student there? My sis teaches there.
Yes, it is. I graduated in 1998.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danralexander

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im not saying she has lots of Savannah in her. Just a little.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by danralexander

Im not saying she has lots of Savannah in her. Just a little.
Really, without papers, there is no way to know. Savannahs are still very rare... but she is a cutie!!!