Below is my forecast:

Wed PM - lows near -24F, windchills in the -40s
Thurs - windchillds in the -30s with highs near -8

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much better here...

Rest of Tonight... Clear. Bitterly cold. Lows 10 to 14 below... Lowest wind chill readings 25 below to 35 below zero after midnight. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday... Sunny. Bitterly cold. Highs zero to 4 below. Wind chills as low as 30 below to 40 below zero. West winds 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday Night... Clear. Continued bitterly cold. Lows 14 to 18 below...except 10 to 14 below downtown. Wind chills as low as 30 below to 40 below zero. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

It got up to 73 today
That's it - Dorky & I are coming there to vacation (and if he hits it off with Stumpy - he can stay
)!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

That's it - Dorky & I are coming there to vacation (and if he hits it off with Stumpy - he can stay
)!!
WOOHOO!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember days when I lived in Upstate NY, where it was so cold they had to close the schools. I'm so thankful it doesn't get that cold here! I think if it did they'd declare a state of emergency!

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now it is -6° F.

Tomorrow the high is 0° F and the low is -13° F. Sounds like my weather is very similar to Nekochan (I do live about 3 hr from Chicago!) except that we are expecting more snow, and blowing snow tomorrow, then one clear day and a few more snowy ones. The roads here have been terrible!

But White cat lover and Natalie, you have me beat. I wouldn't wish that kind of temperature on my worst enemy! Brrrr!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I remember days when I lived in Upstate NY, where it was so cold they had to close the schools. I'm so thankful it doesn't get that cold here! I think if it did they'd declare a state of emergency!
Yeah, schools were closed here for a couple of days because we've been in the deep freezer and they feel it's too cold for kids to go to school. I don't ever remember schools closing because of cold weather when I was a kid. I do recall that on really cold days we didn't get recess outside, but we were still in school.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4 below right nowand expected high of 5 above for today then back to 15 to 20 below tonight.I hope everyone is staying warm.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All of the above is the reason "I live in the south" Born & raised in Minnesota, other than my sister & her family, can't say I miss it. Except mini donuts at the State Fair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They closed schools yesterday due to cold & the expected blowing snow later in the day. I know they were 2 hours late due to the same today, not sure if they cancelled school or not though.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is much cooler here today. We are only going to be in the low to mid 60's instead of in the high 60's to 70's. A veritable cold front.

Don't worry. Temperatures are on the rise the next 2 days But in the forecast, can it be, I see showers and the 50's next Wednesday. Dare I hope for more rain? Yes!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here, Natalie! This morning when I went to work it was -19F and the total temp with windchill was about -45F
School's in this area have been either closed or 2 hours late everyday this week. I wish work was that way! I need to let my car run for almost an hour before I leave, it takes that long to get it warmed up!

I went to fill up with gas at noon, yeah, great day to do that!
And while I was filling up and went in to pay, I left my cell phone in the car, when I got back in the car about 10 minutes later, it was too cold to even function
Thats when you know its too cold to be outside

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is currently -10 degrees with a windchill of -31 degrees. Luckily I didn't have to go anywhere today! Wind chills tonight and tomorrow morning are supposed to be around -40...