Squeaky Buick is fixed!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First - thanks to everyone who tried to help me diagnose the problem with The Land Barge. Turns out - it was a defective left front strut mount. Because Firestone installed this defective part, they replaced it and did the work for free. It only cost me 3 hours of my time this morning.

No more squeak!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay!!!!! The Land Barge is land ready again!!
I have to get my right front hub bearing done and lemme tell you I cannot wait for the humming/vibration to go away

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! There's nothing more annoying than a squeak you can't diagnose, and there's nothing better than getting it fixed for free!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise

WhooHoo! I'm so glad it was nothing costly. Nothing's worse than a car repair right after you've had the car repaired.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

Glad it was a cheap fix, other than your time. I love your name for your vehicle.
Thanks. It's a full sized Buick and that thing IS a barge!! It's Mom's old car.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first car my Mom and Dad got was a big pink Buick with fins (used). They had it painted dark green so it really was a tank. My Mom only learned to drive when we got the tank. It survived a few interesting tests that Mom put her through.

We took that tank up to the Catskills in the summers and loved it. Funniest thing about that tank? It's left rear window wouldn't close and so we had mushrooms growing on the back seat carpet.
Never ate them.

Anyway, I think that they were built more like tanks back then. Besides, we had the local mechanics.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Woooooweeee! Free auto work!? Nice!
Weeeellll, not exactly! They had replaced the strut mounts in the front in December and THAT cost a pretty penny!
Apparently the left mount was defective, causing an awful squeaking! So it was their fault to begin with. I'm just glad it wasn't the power steering, which is what we were thinking initially.

Originally Posted by butzie

The first car my Mom and Dad got was a big pink Buick with fins (used). They had it painted dark green so it really was a tank. My Mom only learned to drive when we got the tank. It survived a few interesting tests that Mom put her through.

We took that tank up to the Catskills in the summers and loved it. Funniest thing about that tank? It's left rear window wouldn't close and so we had mushrooms growing on the back seat carpet.
Never ate them.

Anyway, I think that they were built more like tanks back then. Besides, we had the local mechanics.
Good thing you DIDN'T eat those shrooms.. that would have been a different kind of "trip"!!!

BTW - the car isn't that old - it is a 2001.

We also had a car we called The Tank - it was a gun metal gray Chevy Caprice -don't recall the year - late 70's maybe... it had one of the last muscle engines GM ever made under the hood (454 hp). That car was hulking looking, but it could MOVE!!!

ETA: That Chevy must have been a '74-'76 model year... GM stopped putting the big block V8 454 in the Caprice with the 1977 model change over... (looked this up online)