Need comforting please

georgiagirl8

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok. So I'm turning 30 in June. And I know it's not THAT old. But still I'm kinda freaking out about it. I know this sounds crazy but in the back of my mind, I never thought I'd make it to 30. This is not a new feeling. Been there for a long time. Don't ask me why. I don't know. But anyway, I think that might be part of why I'm freaking out. Now that it's 6 months away. I've got major anxiety going on here. Ever since 2009 started, I've felt SO uneasy. I've had this really bad feeling that something bad is going to happen this year. Am I crazy?? Oh crap, I'm turning 30 and I'm already losing my mind.
Now I've got a doctor's appointment (unrelated female problems) in the morning and I'm practically making myself sick here. I'm crying to people "he's going to give me bad news...what if I'm dying....wah wah", all that crap. Is this a normal "age decade changing" thing? Or am I just completely losing it here???

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by georgiagirl8

Ok. So I'm turning 30 in June. And I know it's not THAT old. But still I'm kinda freaking out about it. I know this sounds crazy but in the back of my mind, I never thought I'd make it to 30. This is not a new feeling. Been there for a long time. Don't ask me why. I don't know. But anyway, I think that might be part of why I'm freaking out. Now that it's 6 months away. I've got major anxiety going on here. Ever since 2009 started, I've felt SO uneasy. I've had this really bad feeling that something bad is going to happen this year. Am I crazy?? Oh crap, I'm turning 30 and I'm already losing my mind.
Now I've got a doctor's appointment (unrelated female problems) in the morning and I'm practically making myself sick here. I'm crying to people "he's going to give me bad news...what if I'm dying....wah wah", all that crap. Is this a normal "age decade changing" thing? Or am I just completely losing it here???
For me, I wanted to hide under the covers when I turned 30. I thought life was over...Now I just celebrated my 40th Dec 31, and it was a milestone but really not a huge deal age wise. I think you're only as old as you feel, then I think if that were true, then somedays, I'd be in the nursing home.

Trust me, 30 feels devastating, but honestly it's just a number.I promise.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think you're just freaked out because you're almost 30. For me the birthday that hit hard was 36. I don't know why but it did. I survived it and am now 52 and will be 53 next month. I think everyone has that birthday where they feel that their youth is gone and they are beginning to get old. Age is really just a state of mind, though when you reach your fifties and beyond you do have to begin to accept the effect of aging on the body.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just want to wish you well. It sounds like you've got a lot going on right now and you're really stressed. Please don't be so hard on yourself for being anxious about the doctor's appointment.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turning 30 hit me very very hard.

For me, even though I was an adult, being 30 seemed to make me feel "adult". I dreaded it sooooo much. The transition from 20's to 30 was quite dramatic. I was absolutely mortified. It was a dramatic year for me. I had my tubes tied in early May, celebrated my 30th bday later in May, got married in June. Yah, I'm a glutton for punishment

I'm 31, will be 32 in May.

My next door neighbour said to me, look at it this way... you are already in your 30th year of living. You're worried about turning 30, but on your 30th birthday, you will be starting your 31st year of living. So really, I should have done my worrying when I was 29 as that was my 30th year of living.

Your birthday will come, and be over with, and you will wonder what all your fussing was. I know I did.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO, it's more cultural....when I hit 40, I felt like I had finally lived long enough to have an opinion, and at 50, I am entitled to the respect of an elder. Imagine - a half-century of life!! Some major heartaches, yes, but, always, magnificent weather, wonderful humans, great experiences, I've owned good horses, a beyond-wonderful dog, I have my daughters & 2 grandsons, and of course, 52 years of kitties

This world can be a scary place, though, and I can understand your feeling about not making it to 30. I wonder what is causing that. Anyway, I am sending mega prayers and vibes of protection for you

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was always freaked out about turning 30, starting in my mid-20's. All those thoughts of "Oh no! 30! I'm old!" Except I was too busy being pregnant and caught up in baby-related thoughts when my 30th birthday rolled around. So all those awful things I was expecting just weren't true. I think for me, the hard one will either be 35 (which'll be next year) or 40. I won't know until I get there, though.

One thing that I have realized as I've gotten older: Age really is just a number. You're as young as you want to be.

Relax....30 really isn't as bad as it's made out to be.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, gee, you should relax. Thirties are way better than twenties, in your thirties you start figuring out what life's about. It gets easier. Besides, getting older beats the alternative, right? Enjoy today, that's all we've got, the past is gone and the future doesn't exist yet.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh god i'm always stressed about something bad happening, welcome to my world!

I think it's just you worrying about getting older. But really, what is the difference between now, and 6 months from now? Nothing much. Maybe yo should find some hobbies or something to relax you, and help you gain control over your worries, because in the end, they might be unfounded.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turning 30 didn't bother me in the least: neither did 40. But the closer I got to the big five-O kinda did freak me out. I mean, half a century?!

It wasn't the number that really bothered me: it was the thought of getting there so fast and knowing that my life is probably more than half over. I started thinking about all that I wanted to do with my life, but never did. I started worrying about my furbies, and who would take care of them and give them a loving home if I'm gone before they are. I started thinking that I hope I'm around to see my granddaughter grow up. But I'm also grateful to still be here, and cherish every waking moment. Some peeps don't make it to my age.

I think just about everyone has a specific age that they freak out over when they reach it. Turning 30 to me was no big deal. I felt like I was in the prime of my life then.

Maybe you're just apprehensive about your doctor's appointment.
I know I freak out whenever I have to go to the doc: I'm always afraid they'll find something wrong.
It could be that you're just having an anxiety attack. Try to relax and not think about it. Chances are, you'll be just fine.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had things all planned out in my 20's... I was gonna get married, have babies... all before 30. I hit 29 and realized I was close, but had no boyfriend, let alone husband or babies... I reevaluated my life and realized those weren't my goals to begin with... they were everyone elses' being put on me... so I decided my life was my own and to make the best of it whatever may come. If I have kids, good.. if not... also good. I'm now 36, and I'm perfectly content with that decision.

And BTW, 36 was the hardest, but probably because i was getting out of the hospital ON that day from a life threatening infection... so my mortality was all the more apparent at 36.

30 isn't so bad. really. I love being in my 30's... and yes, I know 40 is right around the corner... I don't care... bring it on, baby!!

Amanda

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its another birthday. Another year you've been blessed to have been given. Celebrate it!

I'll be 32 in May. It doesn't seem like it. I don't even look like I'm in my 20s.
You will be okay, I promise. Don't worry about what age you are, just enjoy your life.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I say get over it
My dad died at 28 and my aunt died at 24. As far as I'm concerned, reaching milestones are exciting because it means you're still alive, and you didn't have your life cut short. I am excited about the prospect of turning 30 - it's something my grandparents only wished their children could have done.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 25, and I think to myself that surely I must be an adult by now if I'm a quarter of a century old and financially independent. In no time at all, I'll be 30 and that frightens me. I feel like my life has just begun- how can I be nearly 30? I'm still in school. The end of formal education? A career? Starting a family? These things are nowhere in sight.

The others are right. We don't know what tomorrow will bring, so the best we can do is enjoy today.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I turned 30, it was depressing for me. For some reason, I felt I could be a "free spirit" at 29, but not at 30. I dreaded my 30th birthday, the day "I HAD to grow up". You know something? I partied my butt off on my birthday and the next day I felt no different (just hung over
). It's honestly just a number.

I'm facing my 40th birthday this fall and I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. So far it's no big deal (but it IS still 10 months away...ask me in September!).

Just to warn you, my body started falling apart around age 36. I used to only go to the doctor if I had an obvious broken bone or blood gushing from a wound. Now, I think I'm becoming a hypocondriact because I'm going for EVERYTHING. And every time I expect the worse and work myself up into a panic. Nothing majorly wrong though...just the normal problems with getting older. But this is the age when you have to start taking care of yourself and making sure everything is ok.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it is normal to dread turning 30...largely because of the youth obessed culture we live in. SO I think it depends largely on your point of view and if you buy into the media idea that only young is good and getting older is a bad thing. I don't think so at all, age is in the mind!! While I am still in my 20's I have to say that I am looking forward to turning 30 (in a few more years) because my 20's have been exteremely hard and filled with problems that my boss told me that i am just too young to have to go through. But they are learning experiences. I am a little worried about turning 29 though...since that is the age my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer. (she is on my case constantly to make sure I am up to date on my exams and such) She is great because when she turned 30 and people jokenly asked her if she was "29" again she would look them in the eye and proudly state no I am 30 and I am GLAD I made it and I never want to be 29 again!!

So I would try to not worry so much about a number and just worry about enjoying life!

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I freaked when I turned 30. THis year in April I will be 32. My big problem though and I do this all the time with my birthday, is I think that now I am half way to 64 this year. When I turned 30 it was great now I am half way to 60. I don't knwo why I do it but I do. I can say though so far the 30s have been the best years. Things started to fall in place and life became fun. I think the 20s are overrated. Now my big thing is I keep finding grey hair and not on my head but in my eyebrows and lip hair. Its really starting to get to me.

Don't stress too much. Think of it this way, women are like a fine wine, thsy only get better with age.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
35 was my crushing blow, but my last birthday was my 40th and it was a really good one.
It is just a number, age is a matter of perspective, not years

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I totally freaked out before my 30th birthday…. BUT then I actually turned 30 and never felt so amazing in my life. I guess in my freaked out state I started thinking of my life, and certain stages and came to the conclusion that there was no way in hell I would want to be anything less than 30 now.

I have never felt more confidant, or secure in my life. I have a mindset now that being in my 20â€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s I could never have. There a certain beauty in aging for women. I am not worried about turning 40 at all. I am going to enjoy my 30â€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s and when I hit 40 I bet I will be even more confident and secure with myself.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by georgiagirl8

Oh, hun, don't make yourself crazy or sick over this.

My heart really goes out to you because I have anxiety issues too - not necessarily about age, but still... Prayer helps me sooooo much. I look at what I have and thank God for my husband, my kitties, my health, my family, etc.

I think you need some kind of help with your anxiety, whether it is from God or not.

I got bad news from a doctor when I was 32. Without going into details, I will tell you that I thought I was going to die.

I didn't though. I am going to be 50 in September and guess what? I feel great!

I want to be 50 and fabulous. You can be thirty and tantalizing! You CAN!