I can't believe what my cat just did

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She peed on my bed! I was sitting there and she climbs up, turns her butt towards me and starts peeing! She totally didn't care. I can't believe she did that. I guess she's telling me I need to clean out her litter box. How could I be mad at her after she looks at me with her big beautiful green eyes and meows?! Oh I love her, but she peed on my comforter with no regard.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's quite common for cats to pee outside the box when they have a urinary tract infection. They do it because they associate the litterbox with pain while peeing.
Having said that, my boy has on occasion gone outside the box simply because it wasn't up to his standards!
And the other day I was organizing my tee shirt drawers when Pushy jumped in, turned around and squatted down to pee! Just like that! Good thing I stopped him time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dorabella's mom

Your baby is probably Telling u she is sick. Please consider This and see her vet. :-)
Her litter box did need cleaned out and now it is with fresh new litter.
I'm going to keep an eye on her. She has a tendency of peeing outside the litter box if its not up to her standards.

Pushycat, I did not know that cats did that when that have a UTI. Are there any other signs to look for?

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They will keep squating in th epan or on the carpet with uti's.
Coco has one right now again.
Sometimes they will get in and out of the pan alot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She went in the litter box after I changed the litter. I take her back for a checkup on Friday, so I'll have them check her then.