Ugh, I can't decide

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't decide whether to go riding (horseback) tonight, or stay home and watch the Biggest Loser.

It's a lot of work tacking up the horse, and I've been gaining weight and need help getting up into the saddle. I just hate that. Plus my RA is bothering me, and I'm depressed about it to boot.

OTOH, I sit around all day and most nights anyway. Maybe the exercise will do me good.

Anybody want to help me decide? LOL

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well it sounds as though getting out and getting some exercise is definitely what you need! Sitting at home and watching others trying to lose weight isn't as beneficial

Even if you don't ride, it might be nice to go say hi to the horsies, and maybe take them for a walk? That's what I'd do!

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think you should go. You will probably be stiff tomorrow morning. But it will be worth it.

Any time I do something that I didn't think I was up to I feel much better.

It's my way of saying "RA you can't get to me".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CheshireCat

I think you should go. You will probably be stiff tomorrow morning. But it will be worth it.

Any time I do something that I didn't think I was up to I feel much better.

It's my way of saying "RA you can't get to me".
Good for you, Susan! I can't even hold my wallet in my left hand right now. I don't know if I could control a horse. I think it's time to call the doctor, but I just hate it, ya know? And I have a sinus headache. Maybe it's just time for jammies!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

record the show, ride the house
I cracked up when I read that - I had a picture of Kim riding the rooftop of the house.

If you can't ride the horse, you can just walk it. It will benefit both you and horsie.

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

How does one do that?!

So what did ya do? I would love to go ride a horse, or house. hehe

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yee haw! Ride 'em Cowboy!

Actually I had a terrible sinus headache so I took some cold medicine and stayed home. Ugh. I think I'm getting a cold.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I can't decide whether to go riding (horseback) tonight, or stay home and watch the Biggest Loser.

It's a lot of work tacking up the horse, and I've been gaining weight and need help getting up into the saddle. I just hate that. Plus my RA is bothering me, and I'm depressed about it to boot.

OTOH, I sit around all day and most nights anyway. Maybe the exercise will do me good.

Anybody want to help me decide? LOL
I am sure you can guess what I am going to say

I think riding, of coarse. But really sitting home isn't going to make you feel better about your self. If you have put on weight and are not happy (even tho you are beautiful and should be happy with how you are no matter what) then getting out and doing some thing fun is going to make you feel much better, for me riding is so peaceful and always makes me happy plus it is as healthy for your body as it is your mind. You will be much happier getting on a horse (even if you need help mounting, mabey get a bucket or if they have any steps it might make it easier) If you sit home watching tv you are just going to keep your mind on being unhappy with your weight, depressed with RA and wishing you could snack while watching tv and thats not going to help you at all so get on the horse and take your mind off your pain and enjoy yourself, I wish I could go for a nice long ride with you!

ETA: I just saw this was from last night, and you didn't go. Mabey next time. I would recomend you take some elkaseltzer (I can't spell for sh**, LOL!, Take the fizzy stuff, you know) Get bundled up buck up and get on that horse as soon as you feel better. LOL!
It is such a pain to get out and tack up and get going, but once you do, it is so worth it, so next time you better go! Lecture over ( I am just joking tho, you know how you feel)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I am sure you can guess what I am going to say

I think riding, of coarse. But really sitting home isn't going to make you feel better about your self. If you have put on weight and are not happy (even tho you are beautiful and should be happy with how you are no matter what) then getting out and doing some thing fun is going to make you feel much better, for me riding is so peaceful and always makes me happy plus it is as healthy for your body as it is your mind. You will be much happier getting on a horse (even if you need help mounting, mabey get a bucket or if they have any steps it might make it easier) If you sit home watching tv you are just going to keep your mind on being unhappy with your weight, depressed with RA and wishing you could snack while watching tv and thats not going to help you at all so get on the horse and take your mind off your pain and enjoy yourself, I wish I could go for a nice long ride with you!

ETA: I just saw this was from last night, and you didn't go. Mabey next time. I would recomend you take some elkaseltzer (I can't spell for sh**, LOL!, Take the fizzy stuff, you know) Get bundled up buck up and get on that horse as soon as you feel better. LOL!
It is such a pain to get out and tack up and get going, but once you do, it is so worth it, so next time you better go! Lecture over ( I am just joking tho, you know how you feel)
I think you are right. I probably won't have a cold next week, so I'm planning on it! (They are kind of weird about the bucket thing...most of the horses are mustangs, and they really don't like the bucket or steps by them. It totally freaks them out.)

I'm gonna work out tonight - do cardio plus weights.