This is weird!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was running to a class the other night and stopped into 7-Eleven along the way to buy some tampons (sorry to those who can't handle that word
).

I was in a hurry because I was cutting it fine time wise, and the guy was finishing serving the customer in front of me, so I put the package down so I could get my card out to pay, and he picked up the tampon package and read the front quite carefully while getting the receipt for the lady in front of me. He finally got to me, scanned it, then started reading the back
He took my card, and was slowly processing it, and went back to reading the front of the package while he was waiting for the card to go through! He was really reading every word on that package! I felt like saying "Are they ok? Have you used them before? Do they meet your standards?"

It was like he'd never seen them before, and was really unsure about them. He was probably in his late 30s. You'd think he would have come across them before at least once in his life...

Isn't that bizarre? I don't think I have ever read as much on tampon packaging in my life as that guy did in those 5 minutes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The funny thing was that I hadn't even noticed they were "Super" not "Regular" until I had to actually open the package - that's how well I'd read it.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Aren't you using your Diva cup anymore?
Yeah I am, but it was right at the start of my cycle, which was being irregular and I got caught out with no cup on me

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are right that is weird! I don't know what I would do in a situation like that, but I think I would have said something. Not sure what though.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There were people behind me - I didn't want to make a big fuss in front of other people, especially when I was just trying to get out of there to get to my class.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Breal76

You are right that is weird! I don't know what I would do in a situation like that, but I think I would have said something. Not sure what though.
I think Sarah already nailed it:

"Are they ok? Have you used them before? Do they meet your standards?"

I thought most guys were scared of tampons, maybe he truly didn't know what they were? Or maybe there was a camera somewhere and he's a prankster? It sounds like a stunt my husband would pull, just for fun.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I think Sarah already nailed it:

"Are they ok? Have you used them before? Do they meet your standards?"

I thought most guys were scared of tampons, maybe he truly didn't know what they were? Or maybe there was a camera somewhere and he's a prankster? It sounds like a stunt my husband would pull, just for fun.
Yeah, my husband would probably start reading the box outloud to me, just to embarrass the crap out of me. "Hey honey, THIS is why they're super...."

That is kind of strange though.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Yeah, my husband would probably start reading the box outloud to me, just to embarrass the crap out of me. "Hey honey, THIS is why they're super...."

That is kind of strange though.
Sounds like something my boyfriend would do!

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep, that's weird. I would've asked him if he would like to try one.