Anyone willing to help? please read!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys.....I am a member of a doggie forum and someone has posted about their dads cat

The OP gave me permission to post, so I am going to...

"Well...my poor pathetic dad is not taking care of himself or his car or his taxes or his cat.... So when we visited him last weekend, I called ahead to make a vet appt for his 13 year old kitty. It had been 2005 since they last saw him! We were going to do his shots but the vet suggested a battery of tests first. They found glucose in his blood and urine. They called me back for a re-test the next day to confirm a diagnosis of diabetes and also noted that he only has 3 teeth left. I also found several piles of dried barf in the garage (a sign of diabetes) but wasn't sure about that as many neighborhood cats have figured out the kitty door and come in to eat the food that my dad leaves in the bowl.... Vet said she would start treatment NOW (2 injections daily).

Problem is my dad is incapable if doing the injections as well as even grooming himself so we have a big decision to make. The cat is primarily an outdoor cat who has never gotten any love, pets or attention from my dad tho he does let him into the house to hang out. I almost had him put to sleep at the 2nd appt but didn't have the strength alone (I've never had to go thru that with a pet yet and I was alone). I told Dad that I would not condone euthing his cat simply because he sees it as a burden in his pathetic (depressed) life. But with this medical condition, we have to think of the quality of his cat's life."

Anyone willing to help this poor kitty???
He is in central California. And the OP lives in So Cal but would be willing to take him there if anyone is near there??

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I don't know anyone in Cali to take the cat, but what a sad story!
For both man AND beast!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To bad I have 5 cats or I would have done it.
My husband will not let me have another cat.
Maybe I can post something at my vet and the er vet.
I am in central california.
Do you know what city the cat is in so I can post it at the vets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nance

Pls go to this site and post again http://www.felinediabetes.com/phorum5/list.php?8ain I have seen these people transport sick pets from state to state...province to province to get the deserved cat the right care ...they are amazing ppl...I bet someone there has the answers your looking for

Nancy
ok thank you!!!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I asked my SO if we weren't fostering kittens, would it be OK with him if we "fostered" this little guy. He saw through it though.
(My SO likes cats, but he's often had to care for all our animals on his own because I travel for work/school. I'd feel bad about pressing him to agree.)

I hope the poor baby finds a new home soon, where the people can care for him properly.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Linda,
The kitten is here in Modesto.
I asked my husband if we can take him until he finds a home and he said no.
I am going to ask my vet and maybe the er vet if they know anyone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I talked to my vet but they do not know anyone.
Did they post in that group I sent you?
She said she was going to browse and maybe join.....