Which Font Do You Prefer On Your Computer...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you're writing a letter or document?

There are several I like, but the one I use the most is the Harrington Solid Italic (I think that's what it's called). It usually depends on what I'm writing - like for example, I've been in the process of making a photo album for my granddaughter, and depending upon what the particular subject is of the page I'm working on, I'll use a particular font. I've been using the Harrington one for the most part.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well if we're not including all the fancy fonts you can d/l for windows, then my general favourite is verdana. It's just nice and tidy, no silly business

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For general use in documents and correspondence, my very strong preference is CG Omega. On the whole I prefer a sans serif font, and this one is nicely weighted so that it's very clean but not sterile.

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For regular use, I prefer Georgia or Times Roman. I prefer the serif to the sans serif, to me it's easier to tell the l's and i's apart and just generally makes for an easier read.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, if i'm not writing for someone else to read, my choice is Papyrus. but it seems to be difficult for some to read - then i choose something ordinary, like Calibri, Comic Sans, or something like that.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
For documents I usually use helvetica. For fancy stuff I prefer some of the scripts as long as they don't have so many curlicues that you can't tell what the letters are.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use either Georgia or Garamond fonts. Our letterhead at work is done with Garamond so I use that for letters and such at work, and Georgia for all of my instant messaging, email and personal letters because I like the look of it and it is still easy to read.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Garamond is a very nice, clean serif font... not so cramped-looking as Times, in my opinion. For headings, though, I really love the Copperplates, especially the extended versions.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was taught in my communication studies class that the most preferred font for typing business letters is Arial and so ever since, I have used Arial.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a mistake when I said I liked the Harringtion font.
It's actually called Harlow solid italic: but there's also a Harrington font, which I like a lot, too.

If the document it business-related, than I use something more 'plain'. But I do like the italic & calligraphy fonts a lot too, and mostly use them. I also like using different colors.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to use Tahoma for just about everything. My favorite is probably Papyrus, but it's rather difficult to read. I like to use Comic Sans when I'm writing something fun. Another one that I like, but don't use too much is Angelina.