Stray pregnant

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I took in a stray cat from work yesterday very pretty calico(we named Flower) well we are 99% sure she is pregnant.... She has a larger belly,I remember another cat i had that was pregnant and this is what we seen last time.
Is there any way to approximate how far along she is?Her belly is not that big but big enough to tell....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was going to take her in for shots and a basic check up but that is all i can afford till the end of the month even then i do not live in the city and our roads are beyond horrible so i may put off driving till i really have too,I go in for back surgery in a few weeks and still have not gotten my first disability check yet.
I was just hoping if i can estimate then i would know if the babies would come before my surgery or after or even during....

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ummm I can take some pictures of her belly tomorrow,It will be easier than explaining.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
When I took in a stray last summer the vet just felt her tummy, said she was about 5 weeks pregnant, and would not give her any shots until after she had the kittens. Even when you can feel the kittens, it's always a guessing game. My vet thought Goldy would deliver in about 3 weeks, partly because she was so young. It ended up being 4.5 weeks. I was a nervous wreck the last two weeks of that!

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice,I will call my vet tomorrow and put off everything until at least the roads clear abit.

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol I just noticed I named the thread Stay Pregnant.... wow i must have been tired.
Well I was at work last night and really bored so i was coming up with kitten names to go along with Flower(moms name) this is what i came up with
-Rose(G)
-Petal(G)
-Thorn(B)
-Daisy(G)
I am kind of lacking boys names.... It seems boys and flowers do not mix.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelic00

Lol I just noticed I named the thread Stay Pregnant.... wow i must have been tired.
Well I was at work last night and really bored so i was coming up with kitten names to go along with Flower(moms name) this is what i came up with
-Rose(G)
-Petal(G)
-Thorn(B)
-Daisy(G)
I fixed that title for you!
Hmm, boys and flowers
Dandelion? Oleander? Narcissus was a Greek Hero (male)

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thistle might be a good boy-flower name! Or maybe Dandelion if it is an orange kitty!
Thanks for helping your stray, whether she is pregnant or not!

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I really like your boy name suggestions

I talked to my vet and we are putting off doing anything with flower for now,I hope to still get her in to see him when the roads get better at least for a check up.Taking in strays have always been something i did I remember my first stray a gorgeous german shepherd when i was about 10 years old,ever since then i have probably taken in over 50 dogs and 100 cats got them vet care/vaccinations and such then rehomed them... mostly to family and friends.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not too handy with names, but I've known a couple of guys whose nickname was "Cactus"

Bless you for taking in Rose!!! As a side note, you might check the "lost/found kitty" sites, because she might have strayed off when she was in heat - just in case she belonged to a child or a disabled person. Sometiimes they escape (Wouldn't you agree,JC ?!
). Although my hunch is that a home that didn't get her spayed definitely needs a second hard look before being allowed to readopt her.
Stay safe up there - I've been following the weather and OMG

....and sending you prayers & vibes for your pending surgery, disability payments & of course, dear Rose's pregnancy
and for you and your neighbors, a little gift from California

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Her name is flower I want to name one of her kittens Rose

I do not live in Edmonton i live in a town about 45mins outside of the city in a small town and the cat was living outside the hospital i work at for a number of months so highly doubt she has a home,I am sure one of the nurses would have recognized her if she did.Majority of this town works at the hospital.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelic00

-Rose(G)
-Petal(G)
-Thorn(B)
-Daisy(G)
YOu could name a boy Vine... Leaf... Stamen (male flower part)...Calyx(leafy part at the base- pronounced Kay-licks)... Bloom.... Stem...

Blossom - for a girl...

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry it took so long to get belly pics up.

Not sure how far along she is or how many babies we will have.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww! I have a pretty little calico too, named Maggie. Well, she's a feral, all my cats are feral. Anyway, Flower is gorgeous. And I think that the name Thorn could be a boy name too!

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is absolutely adorable i am glad i was able to bring her home and better yet find out she was expecting before her vet trip then re homing,But since we are keeping her its no big deal now.