FinallyFast.com?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone heard of this?

I called AT&T today to inquire about their high-speed internet service, but they don't provide service for our area. The ISP that I have now does, but at an outrageous cost. I'm not willing to pay that much. You also have to purchase a modem in order to use it. The only other local internet provider is through the cable company, but I don't want it through cable - I still need to have internet sevice through the phone line, in order for the WebTV to work if I need it.

Anyway, I saw an ad on TV last night for this Finallyfast.com thing, and I was wondering if anyone has heard of it, or if it's legit.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
from what I have seen of the commercials, it is a service that gets into your computer and searches for problems (personally, I wouldn't trust it) it is not and ISP from what I understand. Does the local cable provider have internet in your area?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

from what I have seen of the commercials, it is a service that gets into your computer and searches for problems (personally, I wouldn't trust it) it is not and ISP from what I understand. Does the local cable provider have internet in your area?
Yes, the cable company does provide internet service (see above comments in original post
).

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

sorry...must've missed that part...oops
That's okay. I've done it myself.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
just curious - what qualifies as 'outrageous'? mine runs about $70 a month for phone + DSL.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen those commercials; my understanding is that it basically "washes your Windows" (as my computer repair guy says) and removes stuff you don't need so that your pc runs faster.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

just curious - what qualifies as 'outrageous'? mine runs about $70 a month for phone + DSL.
I'm paying around $25.00 a month for phone service (excluding long distance calls), and another $20.00 a month for just basic dial-up service. In order to have DSL, it would cost another $50.00 a month in addition to what I already pay - equalling around $90.00 per month. Too steep for my budget right now.

AT&T high-speed internet is supposed to be $14.95 a month.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

I've seen those commercials; my understanding is that it basically "washes your Windows" (as my computer repair guy says) and removes stuff you don't need so that your pc runs faster.
I guess I misunderstood what it was. I thought it was supposed to be some kind of high-speed internet service..

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't need to have dial up service to get DSL! You don't even have to have a phone line, I think. Unfortunately, we don't get coverage by Verizon here. I had Verizon before, and I liked it. Right now, we pay $45 for extremely unreliable cable.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

AT&T high-speed internet is supposed to be $14.95 a month.
but i can't get it where i live... couldn't get the Yahoo! one, either. it's Embarq [aka Sprint] or cable in my small town for high-speed.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't get AT&T here for television, or else I'd dump my provider in a heartbeat.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah finallyfast.com is not a service provider. It's for solving connection issues etc. and I wouldn't trust them either.

As for that AT&T 'broadband' at 14.95 it's EXTREMELY slow compared to normal broadband. it's limit is like 256k download and an excruciatingly low upload limit.

It's better than dial up, but it's still very slow comparatively speaking

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

but i can't get it where i live... couldn't get the Yahoo! one, either. it's Embarq [aka Sprint] or cable in my small town for high-speed.
I can't get it here, either - or Yahoo. Nothing but local internet service, which costs an arm & a leg. I suppose they figure they can get away with their outrageous fees if we want faster service, b/c we don't have any other options.

But I'd bet that their prices will go down, if a cheaper provider does eventually set up shop in the area..