Personalised cat collars!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The girls have worn collars since they were kittens, and they've never had any problems. That was until sunday when Sophie got her mouth caught in the tags that were hanging from them

Luckily i was there to press the button to break the collar open, but i removed them both straight away.

After doing some search this evening, i've found a company that does personalised collars, because although their microchipped i was told that not everyone thinks to take them to be scanned, so i want a little bit extra security should *God forbid* they get outside.

This is the website of the company i've ordered from and they also ship abroad, and the gentleman i spoke to understood my concerns as they also have cats

http://www.kittycollars.co.uk/person...at-collars.htm

carla1183

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bought ours collars from Ragtime Collars with Collartags from Boomerang, so they don't hang down.

I have been really happy with both! Ragtime does personalize collars too if you don't want to do a tag at all.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carla1183

I have been really happy with both! Ragtime does personalize collars too if you don't want to do a tag at all.
mine all have Boomerang tags & Ragtime collars - altho they have the regular tags - they haven't had any problems w/them [except for Pixel, who will develop sores on her neck from a collar - she doesn't wear hers, but i still have it w/the rabies tags on it]. Pixel never comes anywhere near going outside, so i'm not that concerned about her. all of the others were strays at some point, so i want to keep their on them - plus they don't have any issues with either the collar or the tags.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those are some really nice collars! My girls wear that brand but I bought them in the store unpersonalized. I chose that brand because the clasp comes undone easier than some of the other safety collars I've seen, but not too easy.

Noodles once got her tags stuck in the floor vent with the old collar. It broke open, but when I picked her up she felt limp!! I freaked out of course; but she was fine and just being silly I think. Now they don't keep the tags on them. I'd like to get the personalized ones here in the near future.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought Boomerang tags for Sneakers and Ragtime collars for Church and Roxy but right now Church's collar is missing. Roxy lost her collar recently too, but I found it stuck in the footrest mechanism underneath our recliner-- which means it's a good thing they are breakaway! When I still used hanging tags, I once found Church's breakaway collar hanging near the top of my sugar glider cage. Apparently he'd been lying up there and leaned over the front to look at the gliders (the cage is covered on top/sides and his tag slipped through the bars. Since his tag was heart-shaped when he pulled his head back up it got stuck. If he hadn't had a breakaway collar he might have tried to jump off the cage while his collar was still stuck in the front.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got my collars from Ragtime also and they are personalized with the boy’s names and my phone #. They wear regular hang down tags also with their name and number because I had those before I got their new collars and I didn’t want them to get used to not wearing a tag and have to readjust again. I want to get them micro chipped soon, and when I do that I’m going to get them new tags with their vet information on one side and “I’m Microchipped” on the back so if anybody found them they would know to go get them scanned.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good idea. One note though, I would strongly suggest you put your vet's info on the tag(s) instead of your own. You never know who might find your pet and I wouldn't want a stranger knowing my home phone or address.

carla1183

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have the cats' names, our phone #s, and "If I'm outside I'm lost!" on their collartags.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Good idea. One note though, I would strongly suggest you put your vet's info on the tag(s) instead of your own. You never know who might find your pet and I wouldn't want a stranger knowing my home phone or address.
My only phone # is my cell phone, which is the number on their collars. I was definitely planning to put their vetâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s info on the tags and not my own.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`ve seen that website before!
It`s a very good idea because when Kitty had his ID barrels, several times he would come home with only half left. They used to work loose and drop the paper slip with the vets number.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I would strongly suggest you put your vet's info on the tag(s) instead of your own. You never know who might find your pet and I wouldn't want a stranger knowing my home phone or address.
No, i want to keep mine on and it's just my mobile number not my address that's printed on, because if they ever got out i don't want to hang on waiting for a call from the vets, because a lot won't think that their open 24 hours and they'll probably wait until the following day.

I want the call first hand, plus if i get strange calls my number can easily be changed
It's a hassle having to tell people a new number, but worth it if i got my cats back