My hospital stay

catslave101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thought I would start a new thread about my hospital stay. Well I have been here for what? 2 days now? Can't remember.
Well today the highest temperature I have had was 102.4. Alot better than the 105 I went into the ER with. Well today I was having really horrible pains in my stomach. Lower stomach and more to the side. Almost like a contraction. Hurt so freaking bad. So I told the doctor about it when he came into the room. He tried touching above the spot and just touching the spot hurt so bad. So I was sent for an U/S. Let's just say I have never had one hurt so bad in my life. Well They checked my appendix. Not good. Not too sure of the details there. But I was sent to the OR for an appendectomy. Geesh! You'd think I had gone to a illness supplier and asked for a little bit of this and a little bit of that. On top of the listeriosis I have had; appendicitis, bladder infection, and gull stones. They are waiting to operate on that for another day or so. I find out tomorrow morning whether they are doing that surgery tomorrow sometimes or Tuesday. Gessh! i just want to be all better and go home to my nice big bed and kitty snuggles!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, man! Are these things all related to the listeriosis... or just a horrible coincidence????

Here are some famous TCS healing vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catslave101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure it's just a co inky dink. But now you got me curious so I will be asking the
or doctor. Whoever I see first

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart! I think you've been through enough and its time for you to come home and see your kitty.
I hope you get to feeling better really soon.

catslave101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I am kinda glad it all happened now well in the hospital. At least I know there won't be any return visits for a while *crosses fingers*

Also could a mod close down my other thread?
Does this sound like the flu to you?

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's a slew of digestive issues. Sounds a lot like my mom's problems (except for appendicitis). She had a recurring bacterial infection somewhere in her tummy box, and later found out she has gall stones. Other persons on my mom's side of the family have had gall stones, not to mention she is an older person, and was overweight, which all put her at risk. She has lost quite a bit of weight recently, and in a small amount of time... so that also put her at risk for the stones! I hope you get better soon!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So are they going to take your appendix and gallbladder? The incisions are close enough that it would probably work for both.

I told you those clear liquid diets were evil!
It must have been enough to upset everything more.

catslave101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

So are they going to take your appendix and gallbladder? The incisions are close enough that it would probably work for both.

I told you those clear liquid diets were evil!
It must have been enough to upset everything more.
The appendix was taken out today. They didnt discover the stones until they did another u/s

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that was quick. I guess they didn't need to with hold any food or liquids for 12 hours?

...that's not good news that they just found them now. I couldn't imagine being cut open again and I had surgery back in October - I'm still healing and really wouldn't want more scar tissue around there as it looks like these are not healing well.

If it's not many stones you may be all right by modifying your diet. Low fat, no fried stuff, no grease. They may want to wait and look at your liver enzymes after your body recovers from everything. Mine looked bad, and looking back at past blood work - they weren't great before I got sick, so my doctor flipped and wanted it out ASAP.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatSlave101

Well I am kinda glad it all happened now well in the hospital. At least I know there won't be any return visits for a while *crosses fingers*

Also could a mod close down my other thread?
Oh my goodness! That was you?? Thank goodness you made it to the hospital before all this took place! So much for thinking it was the flu! whew!
Oh my - get well soon; SP is going to be super happy to see you again!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When it rains it pours eh Karen

Hopefully you've had enough with this visit that your covered for the next 20yrs LOL. Girl, I sooo hope you get to go cuddle with your furbaby soon.

catslave101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the well wishes everyone.
I feel
Well I got checked again today and they are going to remove my gall bladder tomorrow morning. I am so done with hospitals.I just want to go home to my SP. On the bright side I am now allowed to have visitors. And the nurse is going to talk to my doctor to see about my having my friend bring in SP. She is after all a sweet heart. I hope they say she can come up to see me for SP's visit

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatSlave101

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.
I feel
Well I got checked again today and they are going to remove my gall bladder tomorrow morning. I am so done with hospitals.I just want to go home to my SP. On the bright side I am now allowed to have visitors. And the nurse is going to talk to my doctor to see about my having my friend bring in SP. She is after all a sweet heart. I hope they say she can come up to see me for SP's visit
Who is SP? Is that your kitty?

Wow - you got a three-fer.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!! Do you get a frequent flier discount?
It seems almost lucky that you got the listeriosis in a way because it got you there to the hospital! It is so cool that you have your laptop. I've had a few surgeries on my hips, and it would've been nice to have a computer while there!
and for your kitty visit.