Taking in a stray(Sorry long)

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well it has certainly been a few months since my last post

I am bringing home a stray cat/kitten that has been hanging around my work for the past month(the staff have been feeding it).I have been spending alot of time with her even on my days off i go to work to see her.
Is there anything i need to know for the safety of my own animals?I have dewormed her already,I am not sure of her age she is really tiny.
I really can not keep her so what would be the best way to go about finding a home for her?I am not sure if i should charge a small fee(like $10.00-$20.00)just to make sure she goes to a good home.I will try to take her to the vet but I am going in for surgery soon and will be off work and can not afford to spare much,As i really do not want to dip too far into my own pets emergency vet funds.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there a shelter or rescue group nearby you can work with? They may have vet resources you can use. I'm not sure I'd try to find a home (and you may not be too successful) unless the kitten has been vetted. Just to be on the safe side for all concerned.

As for your own cats, if she's kept separate, they should be OK. good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I already have an area set up for her and I am planning on calling my vet next week to see if maybe i can get a bit of a discount even,If not i will be calling around to other vets.I am going to keep her as long as needs be,If it takes months then it does(yet by that time i would just cave and probably keep her).
I will be naming her Flower though,I have always wanted a female named Flower.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelic00

I am going to keep her as long as needs be,If it takes months then it does(yet by that time i would just cave and probably keep her).
I will be naming her Flower though,I have always wanted a female named Flower.
Oh Oh, I think you have made your decision already.

Thus one concern less: You dont need to think about finding new home or such

Tx for your excellent work!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a very pretty calico. No advice really on placing here cuz shelters and rescues are so full. Do you know anyone who might like a little cali-cat? Start with your circle of friends, relatives, coworkers....