Shelter Kitties - The tales they tell! (pic intense - some graphic?)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You won't believe what some of these cats have been through! These 2 remind me of Punky - have grown up in the cage. Now 7 months - 6 weeks when they arrived - "twin" brothers

Renter left this old girl behind when they moved - don't know how long she was in there

This guy was almost dead - could see all his bones & thought he was solid buff he was so dirty

This girl was a victim of allergies

These 2 girls have also grown up in the cage, in fact, they were born in a cage. Now 7 months old - still not adopted - identical twins, except one is fatter LOL

**More**

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This girl - they just got tired of her after a year of neglecting her pretty much

This guy was just not in the right home

This girl - pure evil - I LOVE her!!
Eden's skinny twin - scared - but wants so badly to be petted

Fluffball - took months to adjust, but doing well now

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A hoarder cat - older, but sweet, adores chin rubs

Another from the same place - 9 y/o - doesn't like to be picked up - just wants to be left alone

The heartbreaker - end of tail stiff/dead - ears frostbitten off - some paw pads frostbitten, too (look closely at the healing flesh on the frostbitten ears
)

These are only the ones I took pics of today, not even half the kitties - several that genetically have "Manx" tails - tons of smaller kittens - tons of half grown kittens that have grown up in the cages - another frostbitten ear stray - one that suffered some sort of trauma & has a crooked head/can't walk well (another vet visit for him - must figure out what is wrong/how to fix him!)..... just makes you want to try seeing it all.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover
there was a neighborhood cat with very similar markings on my front porch the other day. i couldn't get him/her [leaning towards him - blue collar] to come close enough for me to determine eye color [altho s/he did let me stroke him/her a bit - was very wary of the huge black cat watching him/her thru the glass storm door!] & i brought out some treats for him/her.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to bring them all home with me

Especially that last one with the frostbitten ears

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just had to hug my babies a little tighter after seeing all those pictures....

I agree. I would take that poor baby with the frost bitten ears in a heartbeat. What a poor baby.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It doesn't help the frostbitten ears girl is beyond sweet.

We also have this girl - blind in that eye.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The flame point guy is probably really old, but we don't openly advertise an age as we don't know. He could well be 10+....but the vet has had a hard time guessing for sure. We have a 10 y/o, 7 y/o....several 9 y/os, a 6 y/o....the rest are mostly strays, so anybody's guess is right.

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Those kitties just break my heart. I wish someone would come give them a good home. And the ones with the frostbitten ears and paw pads, bless their hearts. That shouldn't happen.

I don't think I could volunteer at a shelter. I would end up with all the cats and sad because of their stories. lol Thank you for doing what you do.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LovesMyCats

I don't think I could volunteer at a shelter. I would end up with all the cats and sad because of their stories. lol Thank you for doing what you do.
At some point you reach your own limit and realise you don't want to become the person you rescue cats from who can't care for their kitties

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

At some point you reach your own limit and realise you don't want to become the person you rescue cats from who can't care for their kitties
Yep - I look at the hoarder cats, how they either crave attention, duck when you reach to pet them, or both. They have no idea what it's like to be loved.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many sad stories, it makes me glad we are so small. We do have quite a few older cats in at the moment though, so they are going to be hard to rehome.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I want to bring them all home with me

Especially that last one with the frostbitten ears

I wish I could! We just got five more cats - a mama with litter mates from two different litters - people wouldn't spay her - and a tortie... from the same house. Mama is fluffy and so are her babies. The tort is a shorthair. the older kittens look like they have Persian in them. They looked TERRIFIED in their little carriers. I got down on the floor and talked to them... and gave them blinkies. Mama "answered" me, but the kittens and the other cat were just too scared to respond.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww Nat - that is heartbreaking - those gorgeous, gorgeous kitties, they don't deserve to have such sad tales to tell

I don't know how anybody could just walk by their cages and not want to scoop them up and take them home. I just know they'll be getting loads and loads of "find a wonderful furrever home" vibes from everyone here at TCS

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Bless you for helping these poor kitties.

The frostbitten ones really break my heart. I'd happily add them both to our family If I could...heaven knows they wouldn't look out of place here.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ms. Freya

Bless you for helping these poor kitties.

The frostbitten ones really break my heart. I'd happily add them both to our family If I could...heaven knows they wouldn't look out of place here.
Awww! I read your cats' bios. I vote you the biggest softie on the site... for the moment!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those stories are so heartbreaking
The kitty with the frostbitten ears is gorgeous, such a sweet face.

It breaks my heart when cats that have been mistreated are still so desperate for affection. I just want to hug them and not let go.