notice how some cats have much stronger paws/claws then others?

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Those of u with multiple cats notice some cats were just born with abnormally strong claws? LIke they are more like a raccoon then a cat???

U notice it when they are kittens and try to play no matter how gentle they are they still end up hurting u ?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by chausiefan

Those of u with multiple cats notice some cats were just born with abnormally strong claws? LIke they are more like a raccoon then a cat???

U notice it when they are kittens and try to play no matter how gentle they are they still end up hurting u ?
That would be my Pinky. Add the fact that he gets aggressive from over stimulation and you can image what my hands look like some days. I have to really watch myself with him.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tino is my 22ish pound cat and his claws are THICK. I can barely clip just the tips off of them. He could do some serious damage if he wanted to.

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Harley's got what I call her death grip - if she does happen to get a hold of you with paws/claws, forget about getting away. For a tiny cat, she is strong. And her claws are thick, even on her extra toes.

I've learned to think ahead of her the past few months that I've had her, so my collection of holes in my hands doesn't get to be too large.