Do you remember your childhood?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A narrative. I have memories going back to when I was just over a year old...just a couple, but they're there.

catslave101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Could you write a narrative about your childhood? Or do you have only a handful of memories?
I could definately do a narrative. Wouldn't be a very happy story though. Don't have many happy memories of my childhood

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A narrative of some of the most vivid things: the marketplace in Italy, a Gyspy caravan, the poison ivy behind my swingset that I was terrified of.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Yes I could write a narrative of my childhood, it was great, and most of my memories include my Dad
I could write a narrative too, so many wonderful memories

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Could you write a narrative about your childhood? Or do you have only a handful of memories?
I cannot answer this question unless I know what your definition of childhood is; I need an age range, like 2-6, 0-9, etc. When I hear or read the word childhood my idea is about 5-12. I could definately write a book about that range of ages in my life but anything before 5 would be mostly lost.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i couldnt write a narrative, i can only remember a handful of things from before i was about 8 or 9

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I really put work into it, I could. Some stuff I've forgotten but it comes back to me at odd moments. My earliest memory is of being given a pink bottle.
The rest is from 3 to 3 1/2 on. It'd be a bit bitter sweet, as I did have my grandmother and uncle there who helped insure there was someone caring around.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was thinking from birth to about 18 years old.
In that case I would write a book containing three parts.
Part I 0-5 The Early Years
Part II 5-12 Growing Up
Part II 12-18 The Rebel Years

Part I would be very weak. My brother and sister would not be able to help me since they were born many years after I was. Nobody is still alive that could help me but I do have a picture album of about 80 picture my Mom took of me during that time period. I am sure I could add some generic verbiage and have a decent Part I.

Part II would be almost exactly like "Leave it to Beaver" TV series. I would be Beaver but I would not have an older brother. To make this an interesting part I could watch a few more Beaver shows which remind me of myself and the various troubles that I had.

Part III would be the best part because I have so many recollections of that era. This part would start with me having my first girlfriend and ending with me joining the navy.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only remember bits and pieces, but I had a pretty crappy childhood though. I think I blocked a lot of it out. My sister remembers a lot more than I do.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could write a narrative also. I have lots and lots of happy memories. I also have some very dark memories that I prefer not to dwell upon.

Two of my earliest memories are from about age 2 1/2 to 3. One memory is of trying to climb some shelving in my parent's bedroom. They were both professional photographers at the time, and I knocked down, and destroyed, some very expensive photographic equipment.

The other memory is from around the same time. It's best if described from my mother's perspective, but I remember doing it. My mother was reading the instructions on the bottle of hair dye, and left it on the coffee table when she went to bed. The next morning, she said she woke up smelling a peculiar odor. The moment that she recognized the smell, she ran to our bedroom. She was greeted by a scene of my baby sister (less than 1 year old) covered head to toe with black hair dye. All she could see was a pink pacifier popping in and out of her mouth. The front of me was black and my hands were also black. She screamed, and I turned around and said with a huge smile, "Hi Mummy!!!" I distinctly remember saying it! Mom says that it took about 6 months for the dye to wear off/grow out.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could write a narrative about my childhood. My earliest memory was when I was about 9 months old: the day of my Christening. I have seen pictures, but I recall things that couldn't possibly have been known from the pictures that I've seen. I also recall details from what my Mother insists was a past life.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I could do a narrative as well. I have so many happy memories
we are lucky because same here.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I could write a narrative. It would be a bit sketchy prior to age 3 or so, i.e. vignettes, mostly from other people's perspective, but yeah, there's enough to hang together, and lots of it good.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only remember bits and pieces until I was about 4 but from then on I could write a narrative as well. I had a happy childhood, with lots of good memories.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am blessed with wonderful memories of my childhood. I can remember almost everything from 5 and up. I was lucky enough to have two loving parents. three siblings and raised with in a block, of both sets of Grandparents.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I can remember good and bad, but only in bits and pieces. I suppose my mind wants to block out alot, pity it doesn't erase ALL the crud that's happened.