My new scaredy cat

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Miley, my newest cat to work with. I have a feeling that it may be a long journey with her as she has given out vet a lot of trouble.

Just a year old and beautiful, the photo does not do her justice. If she wouldn't try and rip my face off for it I would kiss that pretty face of hers

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's absolutely beautiful.

I think you should list her as a Bengal mix.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

She's absolutely beautiful.

I think you should list her as a Bengal mix.
I already took the 'I think she is a Bengal' note off her cage card at the shelter, note put up by a volunteer I guess it wasn't in any of our handwriting.

This girl needs a special home not the kind of peeps who come out of the woodwork because OMG I might get a purebred from the shelter for cheap

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I already took the 'I think she is a Bengal' note off her cage card at the shelter, note put up by a volunteer I guess it wasn't in any of our handwriting.

This girl needs a special home not the kind of peeps who come out of the woodwork because OMG I might get a purebred from the shelter for cheap
Oh, especially because she's acting a bit feral, I know more than some others might - I hope you knew I was being completely sarcastic there!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, but obviously someone didn't think it wasn't such a hot idea.

We couldn't survive without volunteers but sometimes, you just want to smack them

She is a beauty though and her colouring does make you think of a Bengal

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my she is a beauty, but look at that look of distrust in her eyes!! Can you tell if she was born feral or just out on the streets for a long time?

She's one that I would do a lot of eye-blinking to. She is going to need a very understanding home.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Oh my she is a beauty, but look at that look of distrust in her eyes!! Can you tell if she was born feral or just out on the streets for a long time?

She's one that I would do a lot of eye-blinking to. She is going to need a very understanding home.
I haven't spent enough time with her to tell. I am guessing she was owned at some point. I was in last night after we closed and she came up to the front of the cage and was chattering away but is terrified if you try to touch her or even come close. Most of the ferals at this point freeze as soon as you enter the room, no matter how quiet it is.

I guess time will tell, we had a cat come in some time in December that we couldn't get near for several days. Just over a week ago she was lying on her back in my lap while I removed her spay sutures and she was worse than Miley when she came in

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She definately has some bengal in her, is she spotted? It's hard to tell from the picture but she looks like she could even be a pet quality 'purebred' bengal.

Definately right not pointing that out now though in the shelter. Poor girl. Good luck trying to get her used to humans and then I hope you'll find a fantastic home for her. She deserves it.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, no spotting as far as I can tell, except the small ones you can see at her back end in the pic - but she hates to be touched and hides when you go near her so i haven't checked. Her back is definitely striped though and a very rich red-ish brown fur

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when i first saw my feral girl coco at 5 months old she had that same look of distrust in her eyes. at 6 months she kneads me to within an each of my life with this look of total love in her eyes. i have faith!

she's a beautiful girl and i hope she finds someone that loves her as much as she deserves.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She really does have a "bengal-like" look to her! She also has a "feral-like" look on her face.

I'm sure she'll come around in time.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor girl, she's beautiful, but sooo scared.

I need you to come here to work with a seal point siamese looking girl - and a few dozen others.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few dozen of my own. Actually we are not that bad at the moment. I have Carly, a true feral, and then Miley, Dawn who was a declawed stray and has turned aggressive (or maybe was aggressive so they declawed her - who knows) and most of the others are ok with the other volunteers working with them. They are more the scared types who just need someone to spend some time with them.

Thankfully we don't have any with broken bones etc that need rehab at the moment so all of my attention is on my scaredy cats

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She really is a beauty, but boy, "one millimeter closer, human..." It looks as if you have your work cut out for you, but I'm sure with time you'll bring her around.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

She really is a beauty, but boy, "one millimeter closer, human..." It looks as if you have your work cut out for you, but I'm sure with time you'll bring her around.
Trust me there was a lot of zoom involved in that picture. It involved one person opening the cage door, me snapping off 3 pics and slamming it shut before she got loose. It took the vet 3 days to catch her last time she got out of the cage there