Hi,Forty Wiskers Here!

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone im a newbie,just joined today. Ive always had cats as pets although all the cats ive ever had have been a whisker short of a full set! My two girls are Tabitha and Daisy,there are rescue cats and are 18 month old and are sisters,although they dont look or act like it. Tabitha is (obviously a tabby) and Daisy looks like a moo cow! hence the name.We have had them since they were 6 month and it's worse than having a couple of kids around the place! Tabitha likes to steal things (ANYTHING AT ALL) and hide them under my husband's pillow.And daisy is a mummy's girl,she sleeps in my arms,like a baby! She is also nuts! She loves watching shun the sheep childrens program and playing fetch the mouse.

Take care everyone :rub

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi caitsith, Tabitha and Daisy,

I am so glad that you have joined our community of caring people who love cats. As you learn your way around our site, if you have questions, click on my username, send a Private Message, I will do what I can to help.
Please make yourself at home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, thanks for such a warm welcome. I cant wait to get the hang of things! Ive signed up to Photobucket? but dont know what to do with it, or how to put pictures on here? or if anyone would be interested in looking at them? Am i right in thinking i can't put pics on here yet as im a "kitten"? (thats so cool, i told tabbi and daisy im a kitten,they didn't look impressed!) If anyone can help me with any of the above i would be so greatful,so would Daisy,she glued to the screen looking at the cat pictures!

Thanx again for the welcome
caitsith,Tabbi and Daisy

tofu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your kitties sound like such sweetie! Welcome to the forum!

If you upload a picture into photobucket, you can hover over the thumbnail, in the full album view, and a box will show up at the bottom of the picture. Highlight the text in the box next to 'IMG Code' and copy it. Then you can paste it in the post box, here. Click preview (or 'Go Advanced' if you are using 'Quick Reply') to check and see if it worked then go ahead and post!

I hope that helps! Can't wait to see pictures!

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi thakns for help.I have highlighted img code and right clicked copy? but not sure how to paste into post box or where it is! sorry this is all a bit new to me! thanx

tofu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, you right click to copy. Now, you can click on the text box and then right click and select 'paste'. A bunch of words will show up but if you click 'preview' you should see an image show up.

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hi,i think im doing this wrong! im only getting "print preview"? im really sorry.

tofu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's ok!

Let's start from the beginning...

1. Upload a photo into photobucket.

2. Hover over the photo and when a box appears at the bottom of the photo highlight and copy the text next to 'Img Code'

3. Go to the thread you would like to post the picture in and click the 'post reply' button.

4. In the text box right click and hit 'paste'. A line of words (which is the text you selected from photobucket) should show up.

5. At the bottom of the text box you will have 2 options. 'Submit Reply' or 'Preview Post'. You can select either but I like to select 'preview post' because it lets me make sure the picture is correct.

5. If you select 'preview post' and the image looks good, then scroll down and select "Submit Reply"

Hope that helps!

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
YAY! i did it! Thanks to you!

These are my girls Tabitha is the obvious one and Daisy is the Moo Cow lookalike!

tofu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yay!!! What adorable cats! If you have a bigger version of that picture you should consider entering it into the January photo contest here!

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi thanx, i only joined today,i have been on here ALL DAY! everyone is so friendly! It's great! Ive just managed to put on a pic of my two girls thaks to a lot of hepl! Which is greatly appriciated

Thanx again

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thaks for competion tip! have just entered it, I have tons of photo's like that,Hopefully it might get somewhere,never won anything! Yeah they look cute but don't be fooled! playtime is a nightmare, give me two kids any day!

thanx

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caitsith

Hi everyone im a newbie,just joined today. Ive always had cats as pets although all the cats ive ever had have been a whisker short of a full set! My two girls are Tabitha and Daisy,there are rescue cats and are 18 month old and are sisters,although they dont look or act like it. Tabitha is (obviously a tabby) and Daisy looks like a moo cow! hence the name.We have had them since they were 6 month and it's worse than having a couple of kids around the place! Tabitha likes to steal things (ANYTHING AT ALL) and hide them under my husband's pillow.And daisy is a mummy's girl,she sleeps in my arms,like a baby! She is also nuts! She loves watching shun the sheep childrens program and playing fetch the mouse.

Take care everyone :rub
Welcome to TCS! I am trying to figure out what a whisker short of a full set means. Your phrase of forty whiskers also has me wondering. Do all cats have 40 whiskers? Does that mean 20 on each side? Do your cats only have 39 whiskers? I am very baffled over this and when I get off the site later on, I am going to count each of my cats' whiskers!

Now that I have that behind me, your cats sound delightful! Some pictures would be nice once you learn your way around TCS. Again, Welcome to our site, you have found the best cat site around. And now, I need to find Persi so I can count his whiskers!

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my god! im sorry i have never laughed so much! SORRY Stop right now,before you count your cat's whiskers!! Regarding 'A whisker short of a full set" Have you ever heard the saying "a can short of a six pack'? Or "a sandwhich short of a picnic'? it's a saying( the whiskers i made up myself) that refers to the person(or cat!) not being quite ALL THERE as in daft,stupid,nuts etc. The forty whiskers i also made up but that refers to someone having a nap,snooze,sleep.The original saying is "Forty winks" but i changed to to whiskers. i hope this clears up your confusion and prevents you spending the next 6 hrs trying to keep you cat still long enough to count it's whiskers!

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, im trrying to put a video on but the screen of it come up too big? There is a restriction? Im doing it through Photobucket,Its of Daisty doing something stupid as usual! can anyone help? Thanx

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This Daisy doing her photo shoot she love pictures being taken of her, because when my phone takes a pic it quacks! she like the noise i think ! :-) Am i cute or what?

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your kitties are SOOO cute! Tabitha is sooo cute in her pose, perfect for the January contest. Welcome to TCS!!

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanx, ive entered the pic. Is there a limit on enteries? ive got a few daft pic of them! I really cant belive how friendly everyone is! thanks again :-)