Who says dogs are smarter than cats?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I posted here: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184411 about Dog meeting Cat.

Here's some pics to go along with it.

Brandy all attentive in her spot at the bottom of the stairs (she is not allowed upstairs):

The reason why she's at attention:

Kizzy is soooo smart. He'll only come down part way and sit there comfortably while Brandy waits at the bottom.

Now here's why cats are smarter than dogs.

We're in the computer room and hear a THUD....then Kizzy comes running, and of course Brandy follows although slightly delayed.

You see, Kizzy figured out that Brandy wasn't going to move long enough for him to come down the stairs and around.... so he decides to leap down from between the railings going up the stairs.

Scared the living **** out of me
Kizzy's fine, Brandy's fine.... I started bringing Kizzy down myself so he doesn't jump again. Depending where he jumps from it could be pretty high.

So yup, my kitty outsmarted my dog who didn't even see that coming

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! That is to cute! You caught the entire moment in those three pics, and I'm sure this wasn't the only time! Kizzy has the stairs covered! Brandy is respecting her demands!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

OMG! That is to cute! You caught the entire moment in those three pics, and I'm sure this wasn't the only time! Kizzy has the stairs covered! Brandy is respecting her demands!
Thx.

Brandy's a good girl, she knows she's never been allowed upstairs. The only time she's ever come up when I haven't called her is a couple times when we've slept in and she's bursting to go outside.

Kizzy is pretty good too, he doesn't really torment Brandy... usually stays halfway down the steps, so not too close.

I'll be glad when they get used to each other
They get along, as in Brandy doesn't bark and Kizzy doesn't hiss or bat....but Kizzy is intimidated by Brandy's size, excitment, etc.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh those pics are gorgeous! it's funny cos in my house it tends to be dylan the collie who stays out of the mad cats way! when they start their manic tearing round the house, dylan will look for a safe place to lay.

i do like to see cats and dogs getting along though. dispels lots of myths!

starjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a good pup and smart cat!

Give them a while, and Kizzy will be showing Brandy who's boss!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Thx.

Brandy's a good girl, she knows she's never been allowed upstairs. The only time she's ever come up when I haven't called her is a couple times when we've slept in and she's bursting to go outside.

Kizzy is pretty good too, he doesn't really torment Brandy... usually stays halfway down the steps, so not too close.

I'll be glad when they get used to each other
They get along, as in Brandy doesn't bark and Kizzy doesn't hiss or bat....but Kizzy is intimidated by Brandy's size, excitment, etc.
Kizzyz too cute for wordz