mysterious roar from outer space...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Space it very noisy. Have you ever listened to recordings of various planets? They're neat.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's cool. I wonder what it is; maybe it's a combination of things. Surely all those supernovas make some noise!

My husband is an astronomer and he just got back from the AAS meeting in California last night! I asked him and he didn't hear anything about it but he said there was probably a press conference. There are so many different areas of astronomy, pull any astronomer aside and talk to him or her and you'll hear some amazing things.

My husband thought it was an interesting article lol; thanks for posting that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
no prob...im very interested in space, i watch all those programs on tv about it. they said this noise is a radio wave and its 6 times louder than anything they ever heard. its going to be interesting when they find out what it is.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
actually it's aliens. They're saying "WUPS. Damn! We hit one of their windmills!"

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

actually it's aliens. They're saying "WUPS. Damn! We hit one of their windmills!"

I thought it was already established that was a UFO that hit the windmill, not an alien space ship.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder... could they possibly be hearing the initial bang? or since the universe is constantly expanding, maybe that's somehow the sound of everything zooming away from the center?
Those are my theories.

Or maybe it could be "God's fart" as a member joked in a past IMO thread.

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay so me and my co-worker talked about this today. Do you know if these sounds can be found anywhere? I am curious to hear.

Anyway, the other day we were talking about the world coming to an end in 2012 and we figured this has got to be a sign! lol... The Aliens are coming and we are now just picking up on it.

Just remember; In space, noone can hear you scream.

On a side note while we were shopping around for the end of the world I found this picture from the hubble. It's breath taking...and amazing

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/2...l_jpg_full.jpg