Raise your hand....

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
if you've ever used the "panic" button on your car key to find your vehicle in a parking lot

I have a bad habit of forgetting where I've parked, and I've done this on more than one occasion... tell me I'm not alone

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was on vacation in Boston in September, and had rented a car to go to a book signing by one of my favorite authors. My friend and I got out at the bookstore, and got to chat with him for around an hour. As we were headed back outside, we realized that neither of us actually knew what the car looked like, since we had just hopped in and hopped back out!
Luckily, it had the remote controlled locks, so we figured out which car was ours again! I certainly did panic for a moment though!

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, many years ago, when I was married, we would trade off cars. I left work and couldn't find my car. It took about 5 minutes to realize which car I was looking for. Now for the really good part. My car was right outside the door, not like I had to wander around the parking lot!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a panic button on my car key! I didn't know that.

I did however, exit a different set of doors at a mall some years back and couldn't find my car. I went into panic mode and was convinced my car had been stolen. I called my hubby and while I was freaking out, one of the sales people asked if I was sure I went out the same way I had gone in. I thought about it for a minute and realized I had indeed gone out the wrong door. I went to the correct exit and there was my car - right where I had left it. I was extremely embarrassed.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've done that before, and then I'm also the one that can't get the very loud, obnoxious honking to stop

I usually use the unlock/lock button since it has a honk and the lights go on & off too, without the loud noises

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never for that, but I've had to use it to chase a skunk away from my car one night.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Works great when you're coming out of a concert or sporting event into a huge parking lot where you remember the general vicinity of the car (rows aren't numbered, so you have to go by landmarks), but not exactly where it is. We weren't the only ones doing it...actually we got the idea from someone else who did it first!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The way I park the truck -way far away and its color (an olivey green) its pretty hard to miss. That being said the car is easier to forget where parked-esp if taller vehicles are parked by its sides to the panic button comes in handy!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am most likely to forget where I park at my health club. I can usually find my car even though it is a MBZ because it is burgundy. One day, I had to use our daughter's older MBZ to go to the club. It doesn't have a panic button. Do you know how many MBZ of that model in the most popular color there were in that lot? I do! I had to walk all over to find the one with the Elmira College sticker on it.

meowqueensdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Guilty! But only on my GF's car, and it never works since my remote for it only has a range of about 8 feet... I keep saying I'm going to change the battery, but it never happens.

On the other hand, my cars don't have power locks.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On purpose? No.
I usually do the hit-lock-twice thing to get it to beep, but I've been known to hit panic instead on accident!

Though, now a days, the range is so short, I have to be practically on top of it before it will beep, and by then, it's pretty easy to tell which blue Prius with the search and rescue stickers on it is mine!