I have created a monster

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tinker was pregnant recently. She started wanting belly rubs because i'm sure it stretched her tummy. Tinker NEVER liked me to touch her belly, ever. Until she got pregnant.

Since she had the babies, i have been pulling her over to me if I'm laying down watching tv. i'll place her on her side, right next to me, and scratch her belly for hours. She LLLLLOOOOOOVVVVEEEEESSSS it.

But now, i have a problem. she is constantly walking up to me and crying her little pathetic squeak, then literally flopping on her side inviting me to pet her tummy. If i ignore her, the squeaks get louder and she rolls over on to her back spread eagle. lol

I mean she does it so much it's starting to make me laugh.

That's what I get for liking to scratch tummies.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

As her staff, it's of course your job to scratch her tummy whenever she wants it. You didn't have anything else to do, anyway, did you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well see, I did NOT know this. but now that I've been briefed I'll make the necessary changes to my day planner and be prepared.

I hope she understands my initial ignorance.

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Ellie will flop down to have her bellie rubbed. She's sooo cute when she does it. I know she had a litter before I adopted her and never thought the two could be connected. Interesting. I love rubbing her tummy because George won't let me get near his!!

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wish I had a kitty belly to rub but tmy two are very stingy about it. I only get to rub them occasionally, on thier terms
Luckily I have have a Cocker Spaniel that is NUTS about belly rubs. Trouble is he likes it best when I am trying to discipline him for doing something wrong
It is not easy to stay mad with a belly pointing up for a nice rub.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah I know that feeling too (not getting to do it). Neither Tinker or Wilbur liked it growing up. But once Tinker got pregnant it was like a whole new world opened up.

The funny thing is she hasn't figured it all out yet. SOmetimes she'll jump over me and snuggle up to my back, throwing her tummy up. She doens't understand physics very well

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Midori loves tummy rubs. My mom is the best rubber in the house.
so she's figured out that whenever Mom picks up the phone and sits down she still has one hand free to rub the cat!

So now it goes something like this: phone rings, Mom answers, Midori follows hoping to score more kitty one-on-one time...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, if this is ALL you have to complain about???? Sheesh....

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha. actually this isn't even a complaint. i lOVE giving her belly rubs. I like having her lay next to me a lot.

She's pretty insistent now. She hasn't figured out exactly what position is best but she lets me move her around

last night she did the cutest thing, twice. She laid on her side, put her paws around my forearm, pulled it in close, and laid her head on my wrist to go to sleep while I petted her.

I melted.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

haha. actually this isn't even a complaint. i lOVE giving her belly rubs. I like having her lay next to me a lot.

She's pretty insistent now. She hasn't figured out exactly what position is best but she lets me move her around

last night she did the cutest thing, twice. She laid on her side, put her paws around my forearm, pulled it in close, and laid her head on my wrist to go to sleep while I petted her.

I melted.
Boy she sure has YOUR number!!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Zane likes to roll over on his back as if to say 'please rub my tummy', but if you actually do, the teeth and claws come out.

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
George is just like Zane - he teases me with his fluffy tummy - but don't you dare touch it!! Thank goodness for Ellie!