UFO hits wind turbine in the UK

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i dont guess you guys in the USA will have heard about this but a UFO hit a wind turbine in this country a few days ago, its in "the sun" a newspaper over here, actually it was on the front page! check it out if you can, i just google'd it.

anyway the story is, its 4AM and there were some odd noises outside, balls of fire in the sky, infact some locals even took pics of it! one of these balls hit a blade on one of the wind turbines, ripped it clean off, and the blade is nowhere to be seen?? and it was 65' long!!!!!!

personally i think this is just amazing, if a little scary. the MOD here say they know nothing about it, nor do the government? now they either do know something and they have that blade for tests, or we really should be worried!

what you guys think about this?

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep i think it's pretty clear it was what Natalie says. I know people WANT to believe in flying saucers from outer space, but the truth is much easier to see.

Still amazing. imagine the speed that thing had coming down.

pintameez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I believe we are not alone in the universe, but I don't think it was a UFO responsible for hitting the turbine. It sounds like meteors or somesuch. *shrug*

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think it could have been a UFO. If it were it would be too sophisticated and smart to hit a wind turbine.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I don't think it could have been a UFO. If it were it would be too sophisticated and smart to hit a wind turbine.
UFO stands for unidentified flying object, which simply means it could have been anything - anything unidentified. It does not automatically stand for "alien space ship."

Therefore I don't understand why you state that if it was a UFO (which it actually WAS, if it has not been clearly identified) it would be too sophisticated and smart. If it is unidentifyable, how would you actually know this?

If it turns out to have been a meteor, then it would be given an identity, but it would still have been a UFO to begin with.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

UFO stands for unidentified flying object, which simply means it could have been anything - anything unidentified. It does not automatically stand for "alien space ship."

Therefore I don't understand why you state that if it was a UFO (which it actually WAS, if it has not been clearly identified) it would be too sophisticated and smart. If it is unidentifyable, how would you actually know this?

If it turns out to have been a meteor, then it would be given an identity, but it would still have been a UFO to begin with.
I stand corrected! Naturally you are right - I assumed it was an alien space ship he was talking about while all the rest of you did not misinterpret his post. And I did and do know that UFO means "unidentified flying object" not "alien space ship". I guess I'm just seeing aliens everywhere.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with PintaMeez -- I feel sure there's life elsewhere, but I see no proof that we've been visited. Intriguing unexplained incidents, yes! But no proof.

On the other hand, there's no proof that we haven't had alien visitors -- as of course there cannot be, because you can't prove that sort of negative premise.

For a moment there, I wondered why Jezmondo felt the MODs here should take a position on this issue -- and then I realized he was referring to Britain's Ministry of Defense.

As for the acronym "UFO," even dictionaries acknowledge that its common use is in reference to an object believed to be of extraterrestrial origin, so nobody here has misused (or misinterpreted) the term.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
dammit i was hoping it would have really been of alien origin, UFO's are one of my fave subjects, i watch shows about it all the time, do i really believe all the stories? no. the roswell case still has me baffled tho. i def do believe in life on other planets and i hope im still here the day we make contact!

tofu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is kinda weird that none of the windmill blade was found. There was actually just a UFO sighting near my parents house in NJ this week. Here's the Link. Officials are saying it was flares tied to ballons...but we may never know....

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I heard someone from the company that owns the wind turbines on Radio 4 saying that the blade had been found near (below?) the turbine but that they still had no idea how it was damaged.
He said the blade appeared to have been hit by a large heavy object moving at high speed...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
just to clear it up, i didnt suggest it was an alien craft, i just quoted the newspapers as calling it a ufo, the interpreatation you put on the meaning of this is up to yourselves.

it is right that if i look up and see a light moving in the sky, to me it is a "unidentified flying object" reagrdless of the fact that it is actually a 747 going to majorca.

i think there is life on other plannets, but i dont think its ever been here. as someone else pointed out though, you can only disprove that they havnt been here as this is the way all science is set out.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, the reality is, it's not up to us to prove they aren't or haven't been here. It's up to the people that believe they have, or are here to prove it. The conspiracy theorist has the onus of proof.

I don't know what I think. I think there's life on other planets, but 'beings' like us? intelligent life? I don't know. Not sure either way. And until i see proof I doubt that will change. But I HOPE it changes. I would really like to believe.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jezmondo69

just to clear it up, i didnt suggest it was an alien craft, i just quoted the newspapers as calling it a ufo, the interpreatation you put on the meaning of this is up to yourselves.

it is right that if i look up and see a light moving in the sky, to me it is a "unidentified flying object" reagrdless of the fact that it is actually a 747 going to majorca.

i think there is life on other plannets, but i dont think its ever been here. as someone else pointed out though, you can only disprove that they havnt been here as this is the way all science is set out.
I don't think anyone was suggesting that you said it was an alien craft. One poster just corrected me on misunderstanding your post as meaning an "unidentified alien ship" rather than an "unidentified flying object" which of course could be a meteor, space debris or heaven only knows what else.
So the whole confusion on this issue is based on my original post. I apologize for leading you all astray.