new shoes?

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
does anyone else agree that out all the items of clothing new shoes (well footwear in general) is just the best?

got myself some new vans today and i love them, makes you feel great about whatever your wearing i think!

agree/disagree???

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Certainly, they tend to outlast my clothes

I just found my dream shoes on special i'm buying next week. Think of knock off Doc martens, but they are actually leather, stitched and such, not glued and fake. The Doc Martens at my local outlet factory are a tad expensive for me. But anyway, at least i get a choice of black or red!
I've never had boot boots before

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm obsessed with shoes. My favorite brand is Keen, but I'm currently looking for navy blue Converse One Stars.
I have an old pair of black and white checkered vans around here somewhere. I have a pair of Rocketdog leather velcro shoes right now that I wear all the time, and a pair of Keen sneakers, and I pretty much switch between the two. I love "odd" looking shoes and I get comments on them all the time by people who love them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dragoriana - i aint had any doc martins for years, when you say red i assume you mean cherry reds? they are cool, and very punk!

SwampWitch - i dont have much hair to cut, its all shaved right down! but i know what you mean, on a girl cool hair and shoes is good, can make or break it for me.

kara_leigh - im into skater trainers at the min, but i do like a good pair or nike airs.

i have quite small feet for a guy really, size 7, and that whole big feet, big you know what thing...... not always so

small shoes always look better!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I actually do kind of agree... new shoes can make an old outfit look and feel new again!

Vans are great shoes, but I am an Etnies girl myself. I have ALOT of them! I love skate shoes in general. I like the way they feel, the way they look on your feet, and there is nothing better looking IMPO then a pair of long jeans and skate shoes!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jezmondo69

Dragoriana - i aint had any doc martins for years, when you say red i assume you mean cherry reds? they are cool, and very punk!
Here you go, i found the catalogue

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

kara_leigh - im into skater trainers at the min, but i do like a good pair or nike airs.
I'm always trying to buy my son skater shoes, but my hubby won't let me b/c he says they are conducive to running and playing in school. lol All of my boyfriends were skaters when I was in high school. My husband is only the second of my boyfriends that weren't.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree!!!

But then, I'm the woman who's husband had to implement an inventory-neutral shoe policy. Every time I get a new pair, an old one has to go.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

does anyone else agree that out all the items of clothing new shoes (well footwear in general) is just the best?
I grew up really poor, and so I almost never got new shoes or jackets. And I never got a new watch until I bought one myself when I was 16.

Needless to say, I have a closet full of shoes and jackets, and a drawer full of watches.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ohh I just bought a new pair of shoes today...White Pumas!!

I LOVE Puma's sneakers they are soo comfortable.

But what i LIKE even more the new shoes is NEW SOCKS....I was heading to the gym monday when I realized that I forgot socks (I was dressed up for work so wans't wearing socks) and didn't have time to stop home before the gym (I was meeting a friend) so I stopped by the store and picked up a new pack of socks...ahhh new socks are like heaven on the feet.

yeah...I know I'm odd.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vampcow

ohh I just bought a new pair of shoes today...White Pumas!!

I LOVE Puma's sneakers they are soo comfortable.

But what i LIKE even more the new shoes is NEW SOCKS....I was heading to the gym monday when I realized that I forgot socks (I was dressed up for work so wans't wearing socks) and didn't have time to stop home before the gym (I was meeting a friend) so I stopped by the store and picked up a new pack of socks...ahhh new socks are like heaven on the feet.

yeah...I know I'm odd.
I love new socks also. When I was younger and dumb and didn't care anything about money I wouldn't wear socks long enough to lose the "new sock" feeling. I would constantly go out and buy new socks. lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I grew up really poor, and so I almost never got new shoes or jackets. And I never got a new watch until I bought one myself when I was 16.

Needless to say, I have a closet full of shoes and jackets, and a drawer full of watches.
mate i totally know what your saying, everything i wanted when i was young and didnt have i have bought since. shoes and jackets were usually hand me downs for me, and bikes were the same too.

i always wanted loads of lego, and a scrambler/trial bike, and when i was 17 i wanted a really fast mini to drive around in.

so now i too have loads of shoes, plenty coats, mountain bikes and just bought a BMX, i bought a scrambler a few years ago and it was huge it scared me to death, 562cc! i have lego models in my spare room, and i have had so many fast minis now i have lost count!

now im wondering why i would want to have a missis, i get to blow all my money on my toys

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

I love new socks also. When I was younger and dumb and didn't care anything about money I wouldn't wear socks long enough to lose the "new sock" feeling. I would constantly go out and buy new socks. lol
LOL I rarely buy new socks...so that new sock feeling is just the best feeling ever! BUT the few times I DO buy socks I make sure to spend the money on good socks that will last.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I own two pair of shoes. Didn't know they had so many holes in the soles until we got our bad weather
Shoes are at the top of the list after I make sure Seb is stable. Then, maybe some new shirts. I am a dreamer

I have to be much pickier with shoes now. Need something that not only won't hurt my feet but is good for them.