TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Porn Industry Seeks Bailout Money
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Porn Industry Seeks Bailout Money

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
I thought it was a joke... evidently not!

http://news.smh.com.au/world/porn-in...0108-7c8k.html
post #2 of 21
I'm getting tired of all these people going to Congress with their hands out trying to get some of OUR, as in the TAXPAYER's, money. Who is going to bail out the taxpayers from the government? Bailing out the banks set a bad precedent, they were followed by the also incompetent "Big Three". Now every Tom, Dick and Larry (pun intended) will be going to Congress with their hands out (I wouldn't touch Larry Flynt's hand, you don't where it has been) thinking they too are entitled to a bail out.

Where does it end?
post #3 of 21
This pretty much says it all to me:

"Congress seems willing to help shore up our nation's most important businesses, (and) we feel we deserve the same consideration," Francis said in a statement.


They've been asking all along, "where does it end"? Bailout the mortgage giants Fannie and Freddy, next the banks have their hands out. Bail out the banks with no conditions, so they don't start lending money, and the auto industry comes calling, hat in hand. OK, maybe they learned a little...there are conditions on the auto mini-bailout (until this Congress and Obama take office). Who's calling next? Why not ask for a bailout? They seem quite willing to hand out money!
post #4 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons89 View Post
I'm getting tired of all these people going to Congress with their hands out trying to get some of OUR, as in the TAXPAYER's, money. Who is going to bail out the taxpayers from the government? Bailing out the banks set a bad precedent, they were followed by the also incompetent "Big Three". Now every Tom, Dick and Larry (pun intended) will be going to Congress with their hands out (I wouldn't touch Larry Flynt's hand, you don't where it has been) thinking they too are entitled to a bail out.

Where does it end?
But, Ford isn't taking moneys after all
post #5 of 21
I about died laughing the other day when I read this. One of the big telling things is they say (flynnt and GGW guy) that the porn industry is not hurting money right now but they want a bailout anyways. I mean come on now.
post #6 of 21
I wouldnt be surprised if they get it, the govt is handing out money to everyone else.
post #7 of 21
Funny, I just read an article on CNN about how awesome the porn industry is doing. All the interviews were flaunting how much success they’ve had in the past months. I highly doubt they will run into problems anyway, for some reason the sex industry always thrives.
post #8 of 21
It is a joke, I don't have much faith in the govt right now but I just can't see them giving the porn industry a bail out. IF they do all anti-porn people should stop paying their taxes.
People are ticked off enough right now, can you imagine if the govt gave porn a bail out?
post #9 of 21
These two are laughing thier tails off at the ridiculousness of their claim and the gullibility of the American people. Whether they were just trying to make a point or drum up publicity, I have no idea. They were quick to point out their industry is in no danger of collapse. Of course it isn't, and they had no intention of getting a "bail out". What a joke.
post #10 of 21
Perhaps I should apply for a bailout too. Seems everyone else is
post #11 of 21
What is funny to me, is all these bailouts when there is no real money for these bailouts (if you think the US govt is sitting on billions of dollars just to help out anyone, be it business or individuals - you are wrong). There is going to be such an economic disaster, nothing has even started to hit the fan yet imo. At some point, all this artificial money is going to have to be acknowledged as that: artificial. As for the porn industry...well, as far as stimulating economy, if the US loses the porn industry, theres billions more down the drains. Disagree with porn or not - the demand for it is such that this industry is as entitled to a bailout as the automotive industry. Tens of thousands of Americans will lose their jobs if this industry fails. Millions in tax revenue will be lost. The export of American porn is a global interest.
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachytoday View Post
These two are laughing thier tails off at the ridiculousness of their claim and the gullibility of the American people. Whether they were just trying to make a point or drum up publicity, I have no idea. They were quick to point out their industry is in no danger of collapse. Of course it isn't, and they had no intention of getting a "bail out". What a joke.
My thought EXACTLY!
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Februa View Post
Disagree with porn or not - the demand for it is such that this industry is as entitled to a bailout as the automotive industry. Tens of thousands of Americans will lose their jobs if this industry fails. Millions in tax revenue will be lost. The export of American porn is a global interest.
Oh, then, by all means, we MUST protect America's porn industry.

Those "tens of thousands" are in the wrong business IMO.

Maybe that is the reason the world looks down on us, our "global interest porn industry". Yuck
post #14 of 21
Larry Flynt is famous for poking his finger in the eye of the establishment. Yeah, it's a joke, and a pretty funny one, I must say.
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
Larry Flynt is famous for poking his finger in the eye of the establishment. Yeah, it's a joke, and a pretty funny one, I must say.
That is my take on it, too - alot like listening to The Offspring, who has the disclaimer on one of their CDs that it's called "sarcasm".
What is sad is that Americans don't have money for healthcare, yet porn thrives....My friend's daughter recently took a job in a gentleman's club & is now able to be off welfare & support her 2 kids, was able to move into a 2 bdrm. apt. My other friend is single, no kids, works as a bank teller & after 3 years, is still falling behind on her rent; has barely enough money to live, and after paying her mandatory work deductions for health insurance, can't afford the upfront $93/visit co-pay to go to the doctor She wanted to adopt a cat, but can't afford the extra cost of food & litter, let alone vet care - it's so sad
post #16 of 21
What is even worse, IMO, are the people that support the porn industry and who are the reason the porn industry is thriving but those same porn supporters demand free health care because they can't pay medical bills for themselves as their money is earmarked for porn.
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Nova View Post
But, Ford isn't taking moneys after all
I forgot that they didn't but the question still stands. Why should the taxpayers have to foot the bill for companies that are failing due to their own bad business practices?
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons89 View Post
I forgot that they didn't but the question still stands. Why should the taxpayers have to foot the bill for companies that are failing due to their own bad business practices?
I agree. We shouldn't pay for failed business. After all, they don't distribute their profits to us when they're doing well.
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachytoday View Post
These two are laughing thier tails off at the ridiculousness of their claim and the gullibility of the American people. Whether they were just trying to make a point or drum up publicity, I have no idea. They were quick to point out their industry is in no danger of collapse. Of course it isn't, and they had no intention of getting a "bail out". What a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieBoy View Post
My thought EXACTLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
Larry Flynt is famous for poking his finger in the eye of the establishment. Yeah, it's a joke, and a pretty funny one, I must say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme View Post
That is my take on it, too - alot like listening to The Offspring, who has the disclaimer on one of their CDs that it's called "sarcasm".
What is sad is that Americans don't have money for healthcare, yet porn thrives....My friend's daughter recently took a job in a gentleman's club & is now able to be off welfare & support her 2 kids, was able to move into a 2 bdrm. apt. My other friend is single, no kids, works as a bank teller & after 3 years, is still falling behind on her rent; has barely enough money to live, and after paying her mandatory work deductions for health insurance, can't afford the upfront $93/visit co-pay to go to the doctor She wanted to adopt a cat, but can't afford the extra cost of food & litter, let alone vet care - it's so sad
This is the same Larry Flynt who ran in California's recall election to replace Governor Gray Davis, and who offered a million dollars for evidence of Republican politicians' illicit affairs during Clinton's impeachment proceedings. Of course it's a "tongue in cheek" request.
post #20 of 21
My husband uncovered a little known fact about the porn industry that happened right after Bush issued his tax rebate checks a few years back. The porn industry had a steep spike in revenue that followed the exact time frame that those checks were issued. Tax rebate over, revenue returned to normal. Coincidence? I don't think so.

So all the government needs to do is to issue another tax rebate, and Larry Flint will be covered. There is more than one way to bailout that industry!
post #21 of 21
Flynt and some other guy, whose name escapes, also offered to drive across the country to D.C. in a hybrid car!!!

So I guess now it's our patriotic duty to make love??? I suppose the "stimulus" should not only be a monetary one???;-)

I first heard this on Glenn Beck's radio show the other day, which I listen to on headphones while at work. It was very difficult not to break out laughing. Glenn was trying to read the article without saying anything obscene/double entendres (such as, "These are hard-working people, just trying to make ends meet.")

My apologies for the awful jokes. I couldn't resist...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Porn Industry Seeks Bailout Money