What kind of trees does everyone have?

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 3 huge Palm Trees in our front yard.
We also have to Elm Trees and a Pine Tree.
I also have a Olive and Banana tree in the front.
We also have alot of fruit trees in the back yard.
I will list the if you want.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a Japanese Maple at the front, and lots of different ones at the back of the house but i havent a clue what they all are?.

I know theres pine trees, and blossom trees but that's all i know

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i have a couple of big mountain ash round the back or my house, along with a helicpoter tree (sycamore) and a big pampas grass bush thing, i know its not a tree but it is tall and takes up some serious room, finally there are quite a few conifers i planted when i was little, and a eucalyptus plant thats also massive!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oak trees, Maple trees, and a few pine like trees (not sure what they are called but in the pine family).

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the moment we have absolutely NO trees on our property. At our last house we had two huge red oaks, a fir that didn't live long, a linden, and a crab apple. My mom used to be the wholesale manager at a local nursery, so she bought all the trees for us as a new home gift. We haven't been able to afford any trees yet at this house. I'd like to get another linden or two, b/c I love the smell of their flowers, and I just love aspen trees but we are a bit too north for them to survive more than about 10 years before you have to replace them. The only plants we have so far is one Juddi Vibernum bush, a bunch of hostas we transplanted from our last house, and some lillie of the valley. We still need another bush to fill the bed out, b/c at the moment there is a huge empty space waiting for one. Oh, we also have a huge bunch of candy lillies in that bed.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the front yard we have one awful (pardon the expression, but I don't know what else to call it) 'piss maple'. At least, that's what I've always heard these trees called.
In the back yard we have a linden that gets gorgeous white/yellow blossoms in the spring that attract bees like crazy and has a fabulous scent. On the other side of the yard is a small Japanese maple and my beautiful red dogwood tree.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have two Pecan trees, one mexican oak and a lime tree...the last two we planted back in 2006. Unfortunately the lime tree hasn't produced since then

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
One ancient sugar maple, 400 ft tall
It's been there for at least a hundred and fifty years and I'll be sad when it has to come down ....

Our two other old maples were cut down a few years ago due to disease

But we found a sapling from one of them and it's about twenty years old now, in where the old tree was. It's getting very tall. We also replaced the other old tree with a (non related) sapling. There's also a young tree behind the garage.

- A little cedar in the back yard
- Japanese maple
- An ancient honeysuckle and an equally ancient lilac. Before the branch fell on our yard, these two trees were about twenty feet wide, and just as tall.
- A Manitoba Maple that just suddenly sprouted up one day ... I think it's around ten years old now. It's getting huge!
- Some other random trees ... I forget and there's no way I'm wading in the snow to find out! I'll wait for spring

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 6 Birch, 3 Crab apple. 2 Apple. 1 Mayday . The greenspace behind us is full of poplar, pine and spruce
Love the trees. But I don't like raking the leaves

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A maple, some cedar, a mock pear, one I'm not entirely sure what it is, and one that around here gets called a paradise tree. The paradise tree will probably go at some point, all they do it drop seeds everywhere and then there's annoying startings sprouting all over the yard.

We also have a few crepe myrtle bushes around the back of the house and trumpeter vine around the fence which we're going to try to keep killing back.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have the dreaded Killer Cottonwood (where one of the stems fell on the house)... plus another... spruce trees, a sunburst locust, a red Japanese maple and a dogwood.

Lots of trees along the back lot line that are not ours, including mulberry trees which the birds LOVE!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
3 very old oak trees, 2 dogwoods and 3 crape myrtles. I also have 1 lemon and 1 lime tree that are in huge planters that I have yet if I'm going to plant in the ground or not. My blood orange tree is 2 years old and almost 4 feet high that's in the front yard.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There isn't enough room here to list all my trees so this is a sample,

Acer rubrum (Red maple-not to be confused with the maples that have the burgundy leaves!), Korean maples, Japanese maples, sugar maples, Ginnala maple. About 12-15 total of those. A chestnut tree, shagbark hickory, hundreds of black walnut, a few American elms though those are dying quite regularly, a catalpa, about 6 or so horsechestnuts, a japanese tree lilac, about 10 crab apples, 4 cherry, 2 apple, 2 plum and 2 pear trees, a hawthorn that is struggling after it was moved, some white and green ash trees, another ash tree, a couple larch trees, several pine trees and about 25 spruce trees, a virginia fringe tree, some black locust and sumac which are terribly invasive and I'm trying to remove from property. Also about 30 dwarf conifers and about 70 or so different types of shrubs.

Kind of hard to think of all when the snow is on the ground. Trees range from seedlings to mature ones on our 5 plus acres!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have:

a Manitoba Red Maple
a Blue Spruce (beautifully shaped and tall)
a Cherry Tree (sour/cooking cherries)
a Peach Tree
a Honey Locust
a Chestnut
a Lilac
and another that I can never remember the name of but has beautiful flowers somewhat like a lilac in shape.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we have ALOT so i'll just list what i can remember lol.

Plum, lemon, nectarine, pear, apple, quince, apricot & crabapple.

Pine, eucalyptus, silky oak, maple and then a billion smaller plants and bushes.

We got alot

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i have a bradford pear in the front yard, a crabapple tree in the backyard, & an oak tree in the side yard. plus some 'trash' trees that i need to get rid of.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You all have nice trees.
I also have a huge Fig, 2 Grapefruit.2 Orange,Loquat,Kumquat,Almond,Jujube,2 avocado,cherry tree,persimmon,pomegranate,2 dwarf pomegranate,banana.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

3 very old oak trees, 2 dogwoods and 3 crape myrtles. I also have 1 lemon and 1 lime tree that are in huge planters that I have yet if I'm going to plant in the ground or not. My blood orange tree is 2 years old and almost 4 feet high that's in the front yard.
Wow! You have a blood orange in NC? We had one when we lived in Italy, but I thought it was too cold for them here...

As far as the trees in my yard, there are sugar maples, crape myrtles, bradford pears, Japanese red maples, cherry and plums.