Life-Long Dreams.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lottery thread got me to thinking about life-long dreams. I think most everyone has one and I thought it would be interesting to hear about them.

Mine has always been to spend a extensive amount of time traveling around the U.K. and Europe. I am a huge history and mythology buff and these areas have such a long tradition of both. Canada is a fantastic country to live in but lets face it as far as recorded history anything before 1700's is pretty sketchy and most of that is recorded as English, French or Scandinavian History anyways.
And although I am a at least a 8th generation Canada my family's ancestor which is Scottish still plays a part in our traditions.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine also involves travel. I'd like to go... well, just about anywhere, really.

I've also had designs on opening my own animal shelter since I was a kid. If I inherit my parents' property (which is sort of sketchy at the moment, seeing as they're going through a nasty divorce after 30-some years together, and the house is in contention), there is plenty of space and several buildings that may be suitable. Just something floating around my head; not sure how feasible it will be. But nice to think about!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My life long dream has always been to be a mom to a bunch of kids.
I only have one son, and I love him to death, but I desperately want more children, and there are so many things I would do now that I didn't do with him and I want the chance to do them. I simply loved the nanny positions I've had with two or more children and carting them everywhere. I just like being surrounded by children, and I'm sad I only have one, and my son is sad he doesn't have any siblings. He loves the children I've nanny for as much as I do. It's just not the same that they aren't my own children.

I would love to do IVF and have twins or triplets. *sigh*

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

My life long dream has always been to be a mom to a bunch of kids.
I only have one son, and I love him to death, but I desperately want more children, and there are so many things I would do now that I didn't do with him and I want the chance to do them. I simply loved the nanny positions I've had with two or more children and carting them everywhere. I just like being surrounded by children, and I'm sad I only have one, and my son is sad he doesn't have any siblings. He loves the children I've nanny for as much as I do. It's just not the same that they aren't my own children.

I would love to do IVF and have twins or triplets. *sigh*
Being a Mom has been my only dream in life as long as I can remember. Since My husband and I are unable to have children of our own. We chose to adopt. We adopt children through the ministry for children and families. Yes all my children have issues, but who doesn't. We have three beautiful children, It fulfills my need to be a mother, and their need to have a loving commited family.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Start my own successful business doing something I love and giving back.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kaete

I've also had designs on opening my own animal shelter since I was a kid.
Me too.

My other dream is to live a regenerative lifestyle... use solar power, a small windmill, grow my own food, etc... I'd have fruit trees, and nuts, and veggies. Maybe in a geodesic dome

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be a successful author of children's books, and other types of writing. I am a successful writer but not at that level. Not everyone can be JK Rowling.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My life-long dream was to be a midwife or a paediatric nurse. But with getting lower grades than I thought at school, it's kinda scuppered my chances of training.

I work as a care assistant for the elderly now instead...

catslave101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My lifelong dream is to have children. I have always known I was born to be a mother. Just waiting for my time. Though not very patiently I might add.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my lifelong dreams:

to see the world. once a year i take myself on a nice vacation to a diff country or island ive never been before.

to meet my soulmate and get married, got the soulmate, now just waiting for the proposal...almost together 4 yrs

to dedicate my life to helping animals, there are no jobs around here like that, if i was a multi-millionare i would open my own shelter

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mbjerkness - You are such a wonderful person for adopting. There are so many children out there that need loving homes. I wish more people who want kids but can't have them would do this.

I don't know if I've ever had a life long dream.
Art maybe, though I prefer to only make things for myself or a chosen few. So I'd never accomplish much with it.

I'd like to write, and I'm sure I will eventually.

Many of the things I would have love to have done as a child, archeology or zoology for example, would have required me to be much more physical than I am. Unless I wanted to teach - ick.
Ah, to be able to go to other countries and spend hours digging.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My life long dream was to be a Mom
I was unable to
I did get pregnant once, but miscarried, it just wasn't meant to be
I was on fertility drugs, but then my husband was killed in the midst of it
But I have 7 nieces and nephews that I adore
I was also a Nanny for several years

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i see quite a few of you are longing to be mothers, thats very sweet. i think thats hard wired into most women from birth.

i have not got a life long dream, but i am a dreamer, im always coming up with plans and ideas. i have to carry them out thoughg are i just cant drop them. my current one is this trip to the USA this year as i have mentioned in a seperate thread.

long term, i would love to leave some kind of mark in the automotive industry, when im long dead and burried i would love to think people would still be talking about me for the things i did, but im sure they will quickly forget me!

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jezmondo69

i think thats hard wired into most women from birth.
heh, not this one!

I'd love to run a dog in the nationals. I'd love a hobby farm with sheep. I want horses. That's my life goal!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
id love to be a midwife, private detective or those doctors who do autopsies.
I believe I would be intelligent to do all of those things, but i wouldn't be physically able to! (maybe I would, but I have no idea where to start)

Being a Mother, owning a big house with a pool and being successful in something!