Happy Belated Gotcha Day The Chairman Squishy Meow!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jan 1st, 2007 - First night home

The sores he came home with - suspected ringworm - really some sort of sores

Tonight

Eating the feather toy

His squinty eyes

He fights with the other cats - he pees where he shouldn't - he's a piglet & will nail you if you touch his food - oh and he bites fingers (never learned bite inhibition!). Vet puts him at 15-18 years, leaning towards 18. He told the shelter he was probably 10-13 in hopes we could adopt him out. I would've just brought him home right off the bat if he'd told us how old he really probably was! Squishy was yet another stray no one claimed. He now lives as a predominantly outdoor cat here, but better than him being euthanized (still far from ideal).

I can only hope more people will give senior cats a chance. He's made me one very lucky meowmy.

"I shall call him Squishy & he shall be mine....and he shall be my Squishy"

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover
Wow Nat, for 15-18 he looks extremely good!! A little chewed ear and scratches applies to ALOT of younger kitties, he's doing well

I have to say you are a wonderful person to adopt out an older kitty and invest your heart in them even if you only get a few good years. There are so many people who wouldn't do that. I get so sad when i see little kids or mums who go 'oh no, we want something cute and playful, not old'. >:|

Oh yeah, and you have to be one of my TOP kitty namers, they're just priceless!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! What a difference a year makes! Fat, happy, healthy and sassy!

He's just a grumpy old man... who was very, very lucky that you came into his life!
I'm sure that he knows and appreciates ... in his OWN way! Even if he bites and pees inappropriately.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
His ears are pretty torn up from fighting.
He just cannot get along with the other cats - he always has to start something. We're working on that. We're also working on the fat part - he ballooned out big time & I was freaking out - turns out both parents pitied the "poor old guy" & were feeding him extras.