Omelet is Missing!!!

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omelet got out last night when I opened the door, he saw a stray cat and jetted after him. He has never tried to go after a cat before!
Now I can't find him. We have driven/walked all over the neighborhood, check shelters, called vets
I'm so sad
He is my baby!!! Please say a prayer we find him. If anyone is in the North West Las Vegas Area, keep a eye out for him! I can't believe this! (omelet is the orange kitty on the right in my siggy! I already lost my Bengal (to illness, a couple days ago) I can't take any more losses!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Knock on your neighbour's doors and ask them to check any sheds / under decks etc, anywhere he could hide

If you have an extra used litter box (or can give Marshmallow a new one) put it outside he may come home to his own scent. If you have cleaned the litterbox, put out a sweater with your scent on it.

Use wet food in a strong fishy flavour to attact him home.

Go out after dark with a flashlight and check under bushes and cars etc, you might see the reflection of his eyes

Go and visit the shelters. We had a woman bring in what she said was a calico last week, the vet called us later to say that it was a brown tabby with absolutely no white so they may have the wrong information on file. They also may have different people in on different days who are not quite up to date on new animals in.

Make posters so your neighbours and people just driving through know someone is looking for him if they have picked him up

knottybuoyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Never ever give up. Took us 3-1/2 months to get our Squirt back. Best tip is the posters. Print plenty and put them everywhere. Make sure they have your phone number or e-mail address on them and a big picture of "Omelet". Good luck and never give up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still nowhere to be found
Marshmallow is crying all day for him, it is so sad
I'm still not giving up hope .

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nothing, no sign of him. I have a feeling he is gone for good

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw that this thread had been updated and was hoping for the best.

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had someone call and say they saw a cat on the side of the road that looked like him, but when I went there he was gone. I tried asking animal control if they picked him up, but they said I would have to come look at a book of the deceased cats. I don't know if I can handle that, seeing all the dead kitties

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m so sorry to hear Omelet hasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t come home!!!

It would be horrible to have to look through a book of dead cats! But of course you want to know if heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s there too…

Do you have any (really good) friends who might be willing to go and look for you? You could give them a picture of Omelet to take to compare?

I surely hope heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s OK!

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When my cat ran out of the house he stayed against the outside of the house. Under bushes, never left the property. Then when I tried to grab him he ran, he was confused. But he never left the sides of the house. I didn't see him for a hours and hours, because I kept missing him. But he was always right around, it was like he was afraid to go away from the house. If he likes his treats shake the bag. Many Prayers that Omelet comes home.

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww thats not good.....I was hoping he would come home.....sending animal control a picture might be a good idea..at least then you would know....

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by *Pepper*

I had someone call and say they saw a cat on the side of the road that looked like him, but when I went there he was gone. I tried asking animal control if they picked him up, but they said I would have to come look at a book of the deceased cats. I don't know if I can handle that, seeing all the dead kitties
I`m so sorry you are going through this
Can you give them a photo or ask a friend or someone else who knew him to go and look at the book?

Hopefully it wasn`t him and he will return soon