Our Shiba Inu Tiki!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to share a couple pictures of our Shiba Inu, named Tiki....

She is the best dog I have ever seen in my life. She is the sweetest, most well behaved. She never barks, never messes in the house, not once! The only problem is she sheds like you would not believe.... it makes us crazy!

She is our baby though! Enjoy!

p.s. sorry the first one is a little over exposed!!!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Beautiful dog. Have you tried a furminator on her? It really made a difference in my one cat who sheds the most.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some Shibas just don't look "real" in pictures - the 2nd one of your girl is like that!
It's amazing how much like a stuffed dog they can look in pics sometimes (My Izzy the Bichon has come out like that in a few pics).

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww. She's gorgeous!!!

I fell in love with these dogs watching the "Puppy Cam" that was going on for several weeks online. 6 Shiba Inu puppies just being puppies - so cute!!! I think they've all been adopted out now, so no more live puppy cam.

I love the way Tiki's looking directly into the camera.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The furminator- yes I have used it, and it keeps her from shedding for a day.... ish....

I have to do it every other day to keep the hair at bay and even then it is to the level of not-offensive....

Shiba Inu's are acutally asian dogs. They are not popular partially because of the shedding.... Their coat is like that of a husky, but WORSE.... The one good thing though is she never gets that dog needs a bath smell.... ever!

She does actually look at you too... She is the only dog I have ever met in my life that is so expressive... half the time I look at her I dont see a dog, I see a human trapped in a VERY furry little body.

They really are such neat dogs... they are great with kids and stuff too...

Oh, and her and our boy cat have this very freakish almost forbidden love affair going on... she will sit by the glass door and look out and whine for him, and when we let him in he butts heads with her and eventually passes out in her paws while she licks his head.... its hilarious to watch... I wish I had a good picture of them doing it!!!! hahahahahhahahahahha

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's so beautiful. She looks like a fox colored Akita. And I mean that as a big compliment...I like Akitas.

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NoRachelHere

Oh, and her and our boy cat have this very freakish almost forbidden love affair going on... she will sit by the glass door and look out and whine for him, and when we let him in he butts heads with her and eventually passes out in her paws while she licks his head.... its hilarious to watch... I wish I had a good picture of them doing it!!!! hahahahahhahahahahha
I wish you did too!

Seriously she is gorgeous!

And try a zoomgroom they might work better for you. I didn't have any luck with the furminator either.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awwww...what a sweetheart!!!

Evolution has a double rowed shedding rake that works wonders on dogs like her; it's the one with the rotating teeth...mine broke recently (I think I wore it out!), and I really need to order another one...I would get nothing with the Furminator out of some dogs, but you should see the coat fly with the Evolution rake! It has longer teeth, so it can really help more with removing troublesome undercoat; AND it's less harsh to the coat, because it's NOT a blade.

With the Furminator, it really is, in my humble opinion, a perfect tool for short haired dogs like Labs; but for a double coated short haired dog like your Tiki...not so much! The teeth just aren't long enough to accomplish what you really need to...the teeth of the furminator can damage a dog's coat, too, if used too often, too much, or too harshly.

starjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, she's gorgeous!

Our dog is a related breed, an Akita Inu. How much does your beautiful girl weigh?

Love her very expressive face!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just had her weighed the other day and she is at 29 pounds, which is a little over weight for ehr breed, but she is also big for her breed too...

I will have to try the rake thing... Sounds like it might work! Thanks everyone!

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh I love that dog breed! I just saw one for the first time at a dog show and I was immediately reminded of a fox. And of course my Somali cats are known for the resemblance to the fox so it only makes sense that I love Shiba Inus! Tiki is beautiful!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's gorgeous!
I love Shiba Inus. We actually had a shiba inu that was 9 months old where I work named Zade that got a wonderful home to a guy who has been looking for a shiba inu for years but didn't want to buy one and he adopted her instead.
They're really a cool breed.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

She's beautiful. That's one of the breeds my fiance and I are looking at.
they are excellent dogs, but be prepared for the ammount they shed.... I have to vaccuum and sweep EVERY day to keep on top of it... its really REALLY rediculous... next time i brush her i will get pics and post them up so you guys have an idea....