They each have their name on them, and my phone number

And here's one of them showing they can cuddle with them too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They were both bottle babies too!

I have to keep these guys separated until tinker comes home from the spay, but today I put them together long enough to put the collars on (they were a gift)

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you saw how long it took me to get the dang thing on her you'd understand why I'm ok with it for now

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's the first collar I've ever 'left' on her. I've put ones on before but took them off. this time I waited until she was almost asleep thinking she'd be more accepting. that's not the case at all

And i'm glad i make you laugh. After all the crud that's beat down my door in the last few months, it is a GREAT relief to be able to get back to posting fun things again.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

it's the first collar I've ever 'left' on her. I've put ones on before but took them off. this time I waited until she was almost asleep thinking she'd be more accepting. that's not the case at all

And i'm glad i make you laugh. After all the crud that's beat down my door in the last few months, it is a GREAT relief to be able to get back to posting fun things again.
Ok.... now YOU laugh: and this is the girl you want to harness train??? You deserve lots of vibes, my friend!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok - you know that I am just kitting, right??? I hope you do get to harness train her... I want to take Lucky to different places... I want to start traveling with my baby some time soon- and I will.... I come to find out there are so many hotels that are pet friendly!!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh man, it's fun getting the harness on her. I put it down in front of her and pick her front legs up and place them in the holes. She's getting better. But when I get the harness on it's like Medussa is turning her to stone. she's not sure what to do about the harness, and for some reason, she just flops over on her side with a thud. Then gets up and starts walking around. mostly backwards or sideways.

I feel terrible putting her through it but I know that once they've gotten use to it they'll realize they get to tromp around outside and it'll be great. We have a small creek that runs and plenty of stomping grounds. I can't wait until they're ready

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Ok - you know that I am just kitting, right??? I hope you do get to harness train her... I want to take Lucky to different places... I want to start traveling with my baby some time soon- and I will.... I come to find out there are so many hotels that are pet friendly!!
Addiebee helped me find pet friendly hotels for when i picked up my little cherubs. I too had no idea they were that plentiful.

tinker does WoNDERFUL in the car without a carrier, but I have to put her back in before opening the door or i'm afraid she'll lose her mind and run away. Wilbur doesn't like the car. he slinks back to the back of the carrier and is as quiet as possible. The driver that brought him up said he had to pull over and look at wilbur because he was concerned that in the 15 hour drive he never made a single bit of noise.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww, 2 of my favorite TCS kitties
My mom ordered a collar like that for my dog, they are nice.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
these are the times I like having a ragdoll... poor lucky... she lets me do whatever to her... It was pretty funny though the first time I put the harness on her... She walked as if she was pooped on all four - does that make sense?

I think the real trick is exactly this - to trick them into feeling "normal" with the harness on... For example: Put the harness on her, and immediately start paying with Da Bird, or whatever game/toy she is crazy about it. This will distract her... Do this everyday....
Then put the leash on....Word of advice: Make sure to treat her really well for fleas, especially if there are outside cats near your house... Lucky became infested!! I waited until today, a few days after re-applying revolution, to take her outside again. So far so good - she is going out tomorrow!!!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

oh man, it's fun getting the harness on her. I put it down in front of her and pick her front legs up and place them in the holes. She's getting better. But when I get the harness on it's like Medussa is turning her to stone. she's not sure what to do about the harness, and for some reason, she just flops over on her side with a thud. Then gets up and starts walking around. mostly backwards or sideways.

I feel terrible putting her through it but I know that once they've gotten use to it they'll realize they get to tromp around outside and it'll be great. We have a small creek that runs and plenty of stomping grounds. I can't wait until they're ready
That's hilarious! At least they LET you put on collars. My boyfriend's RB cat HATED and I mean HATED collars. He got Cato at age 2. When Doug tried putting a collar on him, he ran around the house like a madman smacking into things, rolling around and doing backflips trying to get the dern thing offa his neck!!! After that, D decided, no collar.