where to meet girls??

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
right, this probably sounds pretty desperate, but i cant help but think im looking in all the wrong places!

im a pretty confident guy and i dont mind making the first move and striking up conversation with a stranger. (and despite my signiture i dont really think im ugly, but i know im not brad pitt either!)

im not into the club/bar scene around here amymore, and its never the place to pick up girls anyway really, i find its always the same types you meet there.

and other than that i dont really know where to look? i seem to have met a few girls at petrol stations oddly, just opening with a "nice car" comment, and sometimes i have had girls approach me with my car, but im sure im not going to meet my bride at a gas station! haha!

so come on girls any ideas?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jezmondo69

right, this probably sounds pretty desperate, but i cant help but think im looking in all the wrong places!

im a pretty confident guy and i dont mind making the first move and striking up conversation with a stranger. (and despite my signiture i dont really think im ugly, but i know im not brad pitt either!)

im not into the club/bar scene around here amymore, and its never the place to pick up girls anyway really, i find its always the same types you meet there.

and other than that i dont really know where to look? i seem to have met a few girls at petrol stations oddly, just opening with a "nice car" comment, and sometimes i have had girls approach me with my car, but im sure im not going to meet my bride at a gas station! haha!

so come on girls any ideas?
How about a cat web forum?
She'd be an animal lover! And actually, we have quite a few Brits on here. Or perhaps she would have a friend for you.

Give us some idea of what you like to do and what you like in a girl! Maybe that will help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
me and a few friends all signed up to an online dating site for a laugh really, my mate met his girlfriend there and have been together a long time,

i went on a few dates with what i thought were nice down to earth girls, but they all end up the same, flirting goes to far and then it ends in a one night stand and thats not what im after (yes a lad saying he doesnt want a one night stand!)

so what do i like? i like going places seeing taking in the sights, both urban and country, cinema (love a good film!), good food of any description, shopping, i love trainers and trashy t-shirts, weekends away, i love a drink too, casual bars or at home with takeout and a good dvd, romantic walks, normal stuff i guess?

i also love my cars (not too much though) and i dont expect girls to be into them like me, but they do need to accept my hobbies.

im pretty spontaneous and if i wake up and want to go to the coast i just grab some stuff and go. im affectionate too, you gotta hold hands while you walk and snuggle up on the sofa, not leaving the cat out though!

thats about it really, maybe i should incorporate meeting a girl on my trip to the usa this year? im sure there are plenty nice girls over there, i think i have exhausted the british isles!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps you should volunteer at an animal shelter or for some animal cause? Seems that would be a good place to meet women who are loving and kind - and you would already know they love cats

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

thats about it really, maybe i should incorporate meeting a girl on my trip to the usa this year? im sure there are plenty nice girls over there, i think i have exhausted the british isles!
There was a movie a couple of years ago that had a young British man come to the states so he could meet women.

If you do come, maybe you could educate we barbaric Americans as to why declawing is stupid.

I don't have any daughters - sorry!

Good luck with your search

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
what film was that? its been in a few "love actualy" was one, if i had a result like he did i would book a flight right now!

and as for you not having daughters? who mentioned daughters? i may like the more mature lady anyway so i assume you must be married or thing im a dog! ha ha

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

other than that i dont really know where to look? i seem to have met a few girls at petrol stations oddly, just opening with a "nice car" comment, and sometimes i have had girls approach me with my car, but im sure im not going to meet my bride at a gas station! haha!
Don't laugh, but I actually started talking to my husband because of cars. We both had the same kind of car at the time, and I happened to have a website with mine on it. He stumbled across it, sent me an email with something along the lines of "nice car", and we hit it off right away. I never quite clicked with someone else the way I did with him. Only problem? He lived in Florida and I lived in New York. 5 years ago, we finally got the nerve to be something more than best friends, and I basically dropped my entire life to move to Florida. So...6 years of friendship, 4 years of marriage, and 2400 miles later (we're back in New York now), the rest is history.

Honestly, you never know exactly where you'll meet the right person!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

me and a few friends all signed up to an online dating site for a laugh really, my mate met his girlfriend there and have been together a long time,

i went on a few dates with what i thought were nice down to earth girls, but they all end up the same, flirting goes to far and then it ends in a one night stand and thats not what im after (yes a lad saying he doesnt want a one night stand!)

so what do i like? i like going places seeing taking in the sights, both urban and country, cinema (love a good film!), good food of any description, shopping, i love trainers and trashy t-shirts, weekends away, i love a drink too, casual bars or at home with takeout and a good dvd, romantic walks, normal stuff i guess?

i also love my cars (not too much though) and i dont expect girls to be into them like me, but they do need to accept my hobbies.

im pretty spontaneous and if i wake up and want to go to the coast i just grab some stuff and go. im affectionate too, you gotta hold hands while you walk and snuggle up on the sofa, not leaving the cat out though!

You sound like a really nice guy, but one question and one comment....... What does your signature mean? And "i think i have exhausted the british isles!" sounds very player.........

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

You sound like a really nice guy, but one question and one comment....... What does your signature mean? And "i think i have exhausted the british isles!" sounds very player.........
no no no, not meant to sound that way at all! i mean i have looked everywhere and cant find what im after, next stop USA!

and the signature thing is just a joke, i was meerly trying to point out that i am infact a guy, or at least i was the last time i checked

and LadyLoneWolf, i think thats great, i ould totally be up for that, as i say im pretty spontaneous, and i love new exciting things, moving to the USA to be with a girl? hell yeah!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't worry, when you tour the US, you'll have plenty of girls interested I would think. We're suckers for British and Australian accents!

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You say you've tried online dating, and the people haven't been looking for what you're looking for. Really, there is going to be something wrong with everyone you find until you find someone who seems right to you. Finding the "wrong" girl a few times is a not a signal to stop looking, or to stop looking online!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Perhaps you should volunteer at an animal shelter or for some animal cause? Seems that would be a good place to meet women who are loving and kind - and you would already know they love cats
I think that's a good idea. Volunteer work is a good way to meet someone with similar interests. I didn't meet my boyfriend that way, but one of the things about him that touches my heart is how much he loves animals, cats in particular. In fact, his now-deceased kitty converted me from a cat-liker to a cat lover and got ME into animal rescue volunteer work. Lots of women in that kind of activity... and if not, then you'd be doing the animals some good, right?

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Enuja

You say you've tried online dating, and the people haven't been looking for what you're looking for. Really, there is going to be something wrong with everyone you find until you find someone who seems right to you. Finding the "wrong" girl a few times is a not a signal to stop looking, or to stop looking online!
i agree, its silly really as i dont consider myself to be a ugly beast, i got allot of personality, and im not after a glamour model, i just cant find a nice normal down to earth girl, you would think there would be plenty out there!

murfie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You could try the old - stop looking and she'll come....kinda like in that movie "if you build it they will come" haha. you're def not an ugly guy and u seem really genuine so i cant see what's wrong with these brit girls!!!
Have u tried going on myspace? Ive met heaps of random ppl on there.
I agree with my volunteering at an animal shelter or something...girls are a sucker for a guy that loves animals!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some ideas:

Take a class or two, something that a girl would be interested in. Maybe something to do with Art or Literature, acting class

Poetry readings

Join a local community club's co-ed sports team IE: tennis, badminton. soccer, baseball

Volunteer

Get a part time job and an IHOP or other such place that people hang out.

Spend time at the library.

Don't be shy about asking someone if you can join their table.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You are not a bad looking guy. Maybe you are triing too hard. When it comes to meeting "THE ONE" you need to be in love with yourself. If you are activly looking for it it will never come. Its like when you loose something and you spend days looking for only to finaly find it when you have given up and stopped looking for it. It always is in th emost obvious place you just didn't see it. Does that make scence?
Never underestimate where or how you meet someone. My DH and I met at a stop light 13 years ago and are still together maried for 6. It all was because he initally liked the car I was in. So you just never know.
I agree with what some peopl have said to take some classes but make them classes in things you want to learn not something that you think will have girls in it. Even if it is a class about cars like working on them. They class may have all guys but guys have friends and sisters so you never know. What ever you choose to do do it to improve yourself, only then will you meet that special someone and they will mess it all up. Just when you are happy, and I mean truely happy being alone will that person come and change all you have worked for only for the better.
When you do your trip to the states come to learn about our country and people. Take in all you can, you just never know. Just stop thinking about it.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

but im sure im not going to meet my bride at a gas station! haha!
Never know
I met my husband on an online car forum.

I dont really have any advice to give though. I basically just stopped looking for someone, then out of the blue he started talking to me online, we met a few months later, and from that day til now 4 years later, we've been together.

Many other people have offered up some pretty good advice though!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DD works at Taco Bell (don't know if you have those, but I suppose any fast food place would do). She and her girl friends hang out there ALL the time, just sitting around giggling and making one taco last 3 hours. Sometimes guy friends join them and it's like a mini-party. Might be worth a shot.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

but im sure im not going to meet my bride at a gas station! haha!
Acutally you never know where you are going to meet "the one". I went out to dinner with my mom and sisters and our waiter was this unbelieveably good looking guy. Anyway to make a LONG story short...my sisters and mother knew that I thought he was REALLY cute and they decided to have some fun and write my e-mail address on a napkin and place it in the bill holder. HAHAHA no one expected him to acutally e-mail me but he did 2 days later. And now here we are 3 years later getting married.

So basically you never know when it will happen. I know one couple who met in their marital arts class. So i think if you just do the things you enjoy you will find a girl.

BUT good places to meet girls:

Bookstores
Musuems esp. art museums and if you really are trying to visit the states and stop by in NYC. Friday nights at the Metropolitan Musuem of art from what i hear is where ALOT of singles go to meet each other.
Sign up for Ballroom dancing...you don't need a partner since if you go single they will team you up with a single lady. PLUS you will learn to dance which might be useful in the future.