Brandy and my daughter (her tumor is so big now *sigh*)

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pic of me and Brandy from this summer:

Kendra, my oldest daughter, and Brandy

This is how they always act
Ken loves her puppy.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Look at Kendra and Brandy......... Such a cute loving pair! Poor Brandy... Oh man, I wish there was something that could be done to take that tumor out!!!
PS - Love the tats!
need updated pics with kizzy and your little girl in it!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Oh, Look at Kendra and Brandy......... Such a cute loving pair! Poor Brandy... Oh man, I wish there was something that could be done to take that tumor out!!!
PS - Love the tats!
need updated pics with kizzy and your little girl in it!!!
me too *sigh* me too. Kendra is sooooo attached to her. We all are, but Kenny especially.

and thx. This is one of the few pics of me that you can actually see a few of my tats... theres another one on my other bicep, 3 in total on my calf (2 seen in pic), 1 huge one on upper thigh of that leg, plus my back and ankles.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww, she is gorgeous! i'm so sorry about the tumour though. sending lots of positive for her.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

aww, she is gorgeous! i'm so sorry about the tumour though. sending lots of positive for her.
Thank you

The tumor for the most part is still a cosmetic thing, but eventually it will cause problems.

I'm thankful that its been almost a year since it was first noticed, and my vet said these tumors can grow and become health issues pretty fast.

Yes, it has grown fast, but healthwise, Brandy is doing awesome. The tumor restricts airflow in the one nostril, and is going to start doing that to the other one soon.... but it doesn't hurt her, its not sensitive to touch or stop her from doing alot of things. She sneezes and snorts alot more now too. But she's still eating, pooping and is as hyper as a pup.

Her followup xrays will be in March/April... or sooner if it starts affecting her health.

I hope she's around for a few more years, but I do not want her to suffer at all.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i understand how you feel. my collie dylan was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia in april 2006. he is on daily steriods and chemo tabs and has responded fantastically to treatment.

however he is approx 11 years old (rescue dog so unsure of exact age) and i am aware that it probably won't be the leukemia that gets him in the end, rather the destruction of his immune system due to the high dose of steriods.

but, he is still a bouncy, silly, playful bundle of hound so we enjoy each and every day.

scarlett&dan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ahhh, that must be really hard to know

i hope shes okay as shes a really nice looking dog!
makes me miss my dog Buzz who lives with mum and dad.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is it osteosarcoma on her face or just soft tissue?

That's a bummer all around but she looks just as happy as ever!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Plebayo

Is it osteosarcoma on her face or just soft tissue?

That's a bummer all around but she looks just as happy as ever!
Ummm, not sure to tell you the truth. My vet uses layman's terms with me, and just said it was a tumor.

Ok, I just looked up osteosarcoma which if I am reading it right, that is cancer in bones. No it is not in any of her bones.

It's seated right under the skin on her snout.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's so weird that it can't just be taken off.

I was just curious, osteocarcoma is bone cancer and we've seen a lot of dogs with it in their face... which is why I wondered. You can't do anything when it's in their face.

She's a gorgeous girl.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Plebayo

That's so weird that it can't just be taken off.

I was just curious, osteocarcoma is bone cancer and we've seen a lot of dogs with it in their face... which is why I wondered. You can't do anything when it's in their face.

She's a gorgeous girl.
Thanks. She's my sweetie.

Now you have me curious. I don't think to ask "what kind of tumor is it" or things like that.

My vet said, not in these exact terms, that we could try surgery but because of her age and it being on her face, it could kill her and most likely would be a waste of money.... as well as he said that this type of tumor (I cannot remember if he said tumor or cancer) grows quite rapidly and is quite common in dogs with shorter snouts.

I could very well be wrong in saying its not osteocarcoma. The lump itself is quite hard (not painful to her if I touch it) and it doesn't move. It has grown quickly, from the size of 'just noticable' to half a baseball since last March.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh poor Brandy... Yes the lump has grown quite a bit since the last time you posted her pics. She's adorable though, lump or no. The pix of her and your daughter Kendra are so sweet, you can just feel the love between those two

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That`s so sad
She is so beautiful and is obviuosly a lovely dog

I hope she has a lot longer left

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My vet said, not in these exact terms, that we could try surgery but because of her age and it being on her face, it could kill her and most likely would be a waste of money.... as well as he said that this type of tumor (I cannot remember if he said tumor or cancer) grows quite rapidly and is quite common in dogs with shorter snouts.
Yeah, it wouldn't be worth it to me, money aside if there is a chance the dog could die in surgery. She comfortable with it and that's a whole lot better than not having her around at all!

She's a pretty girl regardless

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is hard and immovable, chances are it is cancer. With the size it is, it would surely be inoperable by now.

She's a lucky doggie to have someone who loves her enough to not let her suffer. Here's hoping for many more happy days.

Cally