How my kitty tried to kill me

shanlung

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi folks,

I am new here, and perhaps this should be my intro letter. I am living in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman with my wife, a parrot and two kitties. I guess without those kitties, I would not have wrote here.

This was a letter that I wrote elsewhere a while back, but that was not in a cat forum. Then a few days ago , I thought perhaps I should join a cat forum where folks there might be more understanding as they have kitties too. So here I am.

I copied that letter into my livejournal, explaining why I was in the office in flipflops that day.

But in truth, it was on

"How my kitty tried to kill me"

Warmest regards

Shanlung

Last edited by a moderator:

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aaaaw!! Bless your heart!!
Welcome to TCS!! I hope your injury is getting better. You know those beautiful, precious little darlings wouldn't harm you on purpose!!

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She just wanted you to stay home from work and hang out with her!! That you will recover soon!!

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a great story, although I'm sorry to hear about your foot. Welcome to TCS!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I can't help but laugh at your story
Keep in mind, I'm laughing with you and not at you. That must have hurt...

Welcome to the board.

Your kitties are cuties.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love your story, too. I am glad you didn't end up in the hospital...but I did have to laugh. I woke up once with fur and blubber completely covering my face. It turns out I wasn't being murdered in my sleep by a walrus; it was Speck, who seemed a little indignant when I pushed him off.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dommie and Kattie are beautiful cats! And your story is very funny! Glad that you are ok, now.

And welcome to TCS!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH God - you made me laugh so hard!!! Too funny!!!!
Beautiful cats though!!!
Welcome to TCS - and yes, we all understand the wife feeding the cats before hubby - I feed my cat before feeding myself! You are not alone on this "change of times"

rummi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
... n i greet my kittie before my husband

her new presence created a little rivalry in the family at the beginning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shanlung

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Folks,

Thank you for the warm welcome and expressions of sympathies.

I feel a tinge of sadness on the sentiments that hubbies should come secondary to kitties for breakfasts. So I cannot drag my wife to this forum to show her the error of her ways in feeding kitties before at least getting me my coffee even if not my ham sandwich.

That incident was on 18 Oct 08.

By now, the physical damage healed over even if the scar is left.
The damage to my self esteem, that kitties breakfast took priority over my coffee and ham sandwich is a long lasting damage.

That was not the only time I had physical injuries inflicted on my by Katie. Dommie was her active supporter, but to a lesser extent.

Of course, they looked at me with eyes of innocence. That they were only having mock fights, with my ankles in the vicinity. And of course! their slashing claws did not know my ankles were nearby. That it was all my fault I did not move away.

Another person tried to give me comfort with this video from youtube.

The only comfort I drew was that I was not the only brain-damaged entity who decided to live with kitties, even if that person was more musical than me.

BUT bad deeds done to me by Katie had not gone un-noticed and a few days later, repercussions of that attempt rebounded onto Katie in

Karmic retribution on Katie and Riamfada trust

Warmest regards

Shanlung

shanlung

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One would have thought Katie learned the error of her ways.

She did not, and yet another heavenly punishment fell on her in

shanlung

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Dommie loved to go walkabout with me. In the mountains and also into the ocean

Dommie at the beach again Ramadhan 2010

We did that many times before such as in

Tinkerbell Kitty Mash//Dommie at the beach Ramadhan 2010 //Villa walkabou

I do not trust kipples for kitties that came out from a box. I made my own mash for kitty without any strange ickky additivies in them. You might like to read above how I made kitty mash.

Warmest regards

Shanlung

shanlung

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This kind of started when my kitties Dommie & Katie joined us on our daily neighbouthood walks such as below

We then went out on picnics with the kitties. And found Dommie had no fear of water , getting into the wadi with me as below.

Eventually kitties were brought to the beach, but Dommie was the one who regularly joined me into the ocean wading into tide pools.

Below is a kind of summary of the things we have done with our kitties in the Sultanate of Oman. That was written as advice to a lady who wanted to know how I gotten the kitties to follow me about and if she could do the same.

Sharon & kitty advice

I hope you find that if not useful to you, amusing for you all to read at the very least.

Warmest regards

Shanlung

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, those cats are gorgeous! Out of the corner of my eye, Katie looked like a soccer ball...

Originally Posted by shanlung

Shanlung
And how many people can say that their kitties like to go for a wade in the ocean??

shanlung

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rosiemac,

Thank you!

Mystik Spiral,

You must be referring to that one and only Katie. That original one who tried to do me in at the beginning of this thread that I wrote about

I confess I am only a WorldCup soccer fan in that I watched soccer only during World Cups and that the ball is vaguely round. So comparison of Katie to a soccer ball never crossed my mind.

Katie had many names though. As minors might be reading this, I refrained from writing some of the names I called her.

My wife said Katie looked like a black and white cow in milk advertisements. So I called her the Cow, and when I got back from office, I might asked my wife "Did the Cow come home?"

Katie was never very clever. When my wife stared into Katies eyes, she told me inside was a space 'two sandwiches short of a picnic'.

Katie was never a fan of driving out. Here she was cowering between my wifes feet in the car.

Dommie was very different. He loved car rides.

Do you think only doggies stick their heads out of car windows?

That what Dommie did to me when he was not giving me unsolicited advise on how to drive and where to go from the backseat.

(from Riamfada & kitties - foundation of my relationships with kitties

Here is another episode just with Katie on a picnic

Raining curses on Katie at Al Felaj dam

Folks keeping kitties will understand.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Love the pictures!

I only had one cat who used to love car rides and did the same things your Dommie does. The rest of my cats just complain and be miserable in the car.

Your cats are lucky. Mine have never seen the ocean even though I live in the Philippines, which is all islands and beaches.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@ Did the cow come home!. I can just imagine peoples faces when they heard that

Oh my goodness look at Dommie!!...."Are we nearly there yet Dad?!"

These pictures are priceless. Thank you for sharing them with us here