What color makes you look fabulous?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With my coloring I usually look best in jewel tones rather than pastels. The other day, I wore a sweater to work and got SO many compliments! It is a dark emerald green, and actually I got the sweater at GoodWill for $3.00! It's just a baggy sweater but I guess it brought out my eyes. They are bluish-green but apparently the color brought out the green in them.
I guess I know my color now...gotta go shopping.

So, is there a color that you KNOW you look fantastic in?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I look good in any colors. My skin tone is so pale that every doctor thinks I'm anemic.
The truth is mostly that it's ethnicity (a lot of Northern European in my ancestry) and that I stay out of the sun. Practically any color I wear will reflect onto my skin. Yellow makes me look sickly, red flushed, blues can wash me out more, white even looks bad. I can usually get away with black ok and dark purples don't look too bad.

Anyone have suggestions for a very pale person with dark blond hair?

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I look really good in bright blues. Pinks look good on me, too. I can't wear beige near my face at all, though, because it makes me look sick.

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol...I look good in almost any color. Except red. Blues, greens, whites (including creams), black..Yep. I think it's my skin tone and eye color.

The three best colors I look good in are Fushia, olive green, and baby blue.

Right now I am wearing grey..and still look good in it. Go figure!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jewel tones like ruby, garnet, sapphire and emerald. A lot of people have told me I look good in plum, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I don't think I look good in any colors. My skin tone is so pale that every doctor thinks I'm anemic.
The truth is mostly that it's ethnicity (a lot of Northern European in my ancestry) and that I stay out of the sun. Practically any color I wear will reflect onto my skin. Yellow makes me look sickly, red flushed, blues can wash me out more, white even looks bad. I can usually get away with black ok and dark purples don't look too bad.

Anyone have suggestions for a very pale person with dark blond hair?
What color are your eyes? I look like crap in navy blue and light blue, but a deep sapphire blue works for me. If you can wear dark purple, then you probably would look good in most jewel tones.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jewel tones and BLACK!!! I am a "winter" -- dark hair,fair (pink) skin and green eyes. My mom always tells me that I look as good in black as I do in the bright colors. Chocolate brown looks good on me too - as long as it is brown with pinky undertones.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ummmm. No idea

I am soooo fashion illiterate....

I know what does NOT look good: beige/tan

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

What color are your eyes? I look like crap in navy blue and light blue, but a deep sapphire blue works for me. If you can wear dark purple, then you probably would look good in most jewel tones.
As to be expected with my ancestry, blue-green. My main problem is just being so pale.

Seen the lightest color of foundations? I'm generally one shade lighter.
Everything makes me look paler, which is the problem with most jewel tones.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

As to be expected with my ancestry, blue-green. My main problem is just being so pale.

That's my trouble, too (my sister tells me she's seen corpses that aren't as dead-white as I am), but I still look best in jewel tones. I just make sure that I wear rose-colored blusher.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're very pale, you might try light cocoa-brown -- not chocolate, but a cooler shade of brown. And you could also go for a monochromatic look, all shades of cream, with one bright accent somewhere in a piece of jewelry or a scarf.

I never look good -- but I do have this one long-sleeve, V-neck tunic in ruby red that seems to do something for me. Oddly enough, I'm afraid to wear it out of the house! It makes me feel... like trouble...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Darkness makes me look fantastic. I am just stunning at midnight, from 50 feet away!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually get compliments if I wear red or pink or green or blue... ok, most colors work with my coloring
I have dark brown hair, brown eyes and a medium tone skin- my skin color is the kind that even if I don't see the sun for 10 years will never truly be "white"

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I never look good -- but I do have this one long-sleeve, V-neck tunic in ruby red that seems to do something for me. Oddly enough, I'm afraid to wear it out of the house! It makes me feel... like trouble...
And what's wrong with being "trouble" for one night!
Sounds like fun to me!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm the same way! The very lightest Ivory is too dark. I have YET to find a foundation that works for me, so I just use a tinted moisturizer for special occassions.

With blue-green eyes and pale skin, I still think jewel tones are the way to go. Try a sapphire blue shirt and see what happens.

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is there a color that takes 30-40 lbs. off? If so that is my color