Cat Nip Buds!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I just made the best purchase of 2009 (ok, maybe that's premature)!

I bought Bellrock grower's Catnip Buds at Petsmart. I can't believe how potent this is...

Bella, who has always been a catnip fiend, nearly took my hand off as I was opening the bag
even Stan, who is mostly "catnip neutral" was rolling around on the floor and rubbing his head on stuff

I have to get some
of this! We give the catnip buds "5 paws up"!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Zane doesn't react to catnip at all.

Does anyone know if the big cats react to it? It would be amusing to watch (from a safe distance) a tiger or a panther on a catnip jag.

cmedeiros17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the feedback, I'll have to get some for my crew. They LOVE catnip!!!!!!

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cmedeiros17

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have to get some for my crew. They LOVE catnip!!!!!!
Ditto. It just so happens that I have to go there today so I will be picking some up. How do you use the buds? I've never bought that form before. Do you just give them an entire bud or break off the leaves/flowers?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tamgirl99

Ditto. It just so happens that I have to go there today so I will be picking some up. How do you use the buds? I've never bought that form before. Do you just give them an entire bud or break off the leaves/flowers?
You break them off of the stems (the stems are kind of pokey and stiff). The buds break up --it's basically bigger pieces than the normal dried catnip in a pouch/jar. I don't know if it's the form or the way they dry it, but man is this stuff potent.

I had actually never seen it in that form before, but I'll be buying it again

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

You break them off of the stems (the stems are kind of pokey and stiff). The buds break up --it's basically bigger pieces than the normal dried catnip in a pouch/jar. I don't know if it's the form or the way they dry it, but man is this stuff potent.

I had actually never seen it in that form before, but I'll be buying it again
isn't it something that our kittens can get legally stoned duh-d-out and we humans don't?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

isn't it something that our kittens can get legally stoned duh-d-out and we humans don't?
I get a little jealous sometimes...

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Why does this remind me of my college days?