Would You Rather Be Single Or In a Relationship?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been single most of my life, so it doesn't bother me when I'm not with someone. I am with my s/o now and we have a good life together, but if we ever split up, I know I'd be okay. If I HAD to make a choice, I guess I'd say I'd rather be single. That may sound cold, but it's no reflection on my s/o. I just don't have a problem being alone.

Which do you prefer?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Single Single Single!!!! But I am a sucker when I fall in love... so... again SINGLE!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am fine being single, but I prefer to share my life with someone I care deeply about

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been fine as a single and I could do it again, but it would be a big adjustment that I have desire to make.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I said, "Doesn't matter." I prefer to be with the right person, but if no such person is available then I prefer to be alone. I can be happy either way.

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I put doesn't matter. When I am in love, I am IN LOVE.

However after time passes, I am fine being single. Before my last boyfriend and I broke up I had been single for 3 years, and the boyfriend before that I had been single for 4 years? Around that.

I don't need a man for company. However when you meet the right one, I sure do enjoy it.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Which do you prefer?
I like being with someone cause I get to share my life with them but I like being single because I get to make all the decisions on my own and since I am very independent it can be very hard to make decisions with someone else especially when we both want to do things two different ways.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Krazycatlover

I like being single because I get to make all the decisions on my own
I love that too, I've been single for 2 years since my marriage ended and I'm having a great time being on my own.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent 15 years (7 dating, 8 married) with my high school sweetheart. We divorced 20 years ago. During that time I've had two relatively short lived, disastrous relationships. I'm much better off, and certainly much happier, single!

I make terrible relationship choices. I said the next time I wanted a relationship, I'd get another cat.....Lola joined my happy family about 5.5 years ago. She's my resident terrorist. Apparently, I don't make perfect kitty relationship choices either!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been married twice and had a number of long and short relationships. Having now lived alone for 15 years I can say I am happiest on my own. Sometimes I miss having a sounding board for things, but I could never share my space again with another person for any length of time. As for the physical aspects, sometimes I miss that but as I get older it doesn't really matter, and the last few times I have tried it has been a disaster! And I do have amazing memories as I was quite a raver when I was young. So, been there, done that.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my short life I've spent most of it single but I've been someone for 26 months now and it's pretty serious but single is OK I'm very independant.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its been awhile since I have been single lol...I have been with DH for almost 10 yrs, wow that seems like forever
but I wouldnt have it ANY other way

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

I said, "Doesn't matter." I prefer to be with the right person, but if no such person is available then I prefer to be alone. I can be happy either way.

Sometimes I wish I lived alone though
But then, I would get lonely without him.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I came out of relationship in august because he hinted several times to move in, but i don't ever want to live with anyone again.

Right now i'm happy being single, i'm very independent, own my house, and love having my own space and to go out with friends

And if i need a cuddle i have plenty male friends who would give me one

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been single for 4 years now
wow, that's a long time
but I'm happy with my life right now, I'm too busy to devote time to a relationship anyway between work and school and zoo keeping