My Puppies...

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OK...so they aren't mine (my parents') and they aren't puppies anymore, but I thought it was about time I posted a couple pictures of my original furbabies. I was away at University when my parents got both of them, but came home often to visit. Then, I lived at home for just over a year after I graduated, so they became my babies. Well, Maggie did. Stella will always be a Daddy's girl.

These pictures are a couple years old, but the dogs haven't changed much.

Stella is SUPPOSED to be a Springer Spaniel. But, as you can see, she's a pretty sad excuse for a very skinny and scruffy SS. She came from a puppy farm (that has now been shut down by the SPCA...we didn't know better), so it's not surprising that she's of questionable background. In any case, she's a dog/cat/human hybrid and will be 4 years old in February. She lives for her daily walk with my dad and doesn't like the company of other dogs, except Maggie. She does a 4 footed leap into the closest lap when other dogs come to visit.

Maggie is a 3 year old red-merle Australian Shepherd. She's not too smart, but she sure is loveable. She was not even a year old in this picture, so she has filled out quite a bit, but otherwise looks the same. She demands that anyone who walks in the door rubs her bum (turns around, shoves it into, and then yelps at you to rub it) and thinks she's a lap dog (all 55 lbs of her). She doesn't have a mean bone in her body (well, maybe one or two when she wants to irritate her big sister) and can't catch a ball worth a darn!

I was definitely a dog person before I got cats. Now, I love my cats and get my dog fix when I visit my parents...I'll leave the walks, pooper scooping, and constant vacuuming up to them!

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG they are both to cute, love those faces. Anytime you want to post I will be more than happy to check out these cuties.

scarlett&dan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
they are both really nice!
i like stella more but im biased as my parents have a springer and i lived there under a year ago so he was my big baby aswell!
i like the markings on maggies face though! really good looking dog!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are both adorable!

I have to laugh. I'm not the only person in the world who calls their adult dogs "puppies". And you've just made me rethink what breeds are in my dog Spike (my 5 year old puppy). His face/ears/eyes/snout structure look so much like your Stellas!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the comments everyone!

I may be biased, but I have been to dog shows and agility trials, and I have yet to see a red merled Aussie with as nice of markings as Maggie. We suspect that the only reason she was still available (my parents and brother took the last two), was because she had a small umbilical hernia.

And yes, my dogs are my puppies and my cats are my kitties. Maybe I hang out too much with Kindergartener's but calling them dogs and cats just seems odd when they are my babies!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're really cute, and judging from these 2 shots, they can really strut their stuff and ham it up for the cameras

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Aww they both are cute. And the SS just looks like a SS with a shorter coat - she's not that bad looking!
You know, I've never been a huge fan of the long haired Springers, so I actually prefer Stella's short hair. She's looking pretty scruffy these days though - I think my parents are going to take her to get groomed in the spring.

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are both very pretty puppies
I call mine puppies too, no matter how old they get, it confuses some people but hey, my kids are all married and have kids and they are still my kids, or babies, whichever. I call my cats my girls