They're All Insane Lately!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it's the drastic change in weather that's been occurring recently, or WHAT? But the cats have all been just nuts lately - especially Chiquita!

They've been opening up cupboards & drawers, hauling out all kinds of weird stuff like sponges, washclothes, etc., knocking magnets off the refrigerator, knocking off & scattering papers off the counters -- you name it!
I just caught Chiquita playing with the cord of the little heater that I have sitting next to me.
Definitely a no-no!

They're driving me crazy!! :

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine are pretty mellow, but they do get the crazies periodically -- mostly just chasing each other and wrestling, though. Usually it's at about 10:00 p.m. when I'm trying to wind down.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I don't know if it's the drastic change in weather that's been occurring recently, or WHAT? But the cats have all been just nuts lately - especially Chiquita!

They've been opening up cupboards & drawers, hauling out all kinds of weird stuff like sponges, washclothes, etc., knocking magnets off the refrigerator, knocking off & scattering papers off the counters -- you name it!
I just caught Chiquita playing with the cord of the little heater that I have sitting next to me.
Definitely a no-no!

They're driving me crazy!! :
Moose will be nine next month and still acts like this most every day. He'll run around the house dragging a bra or pajama bottom behind him and has knocked off most every refrigerator magnet I have. I keep waiting for him to grow up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

Moose will be nine next month and still acts like this most every day. He'll run around the house dragging a bra or pajama bottom behind him and has knocked off most every refrigerator magnet I have. I keep waiting for him to grow up!
That must be the problem: the "kittens" will be nine months old on the 10th. I don't know what's wrong with the older ones though..
They're probably trying to get away from the kids..

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think it's just young 'uns. My 13 yo usually do-nothing cat has been very frisky the past week! She's been up on my computer desk, which she's NEVER done in the 11 years I've owned her. She's been jumping up on my vanity like she owns it. She's been playing with my pens and just being a pest in general. She's also been terrorizing her little sister!!

It does my heart good to see her like this, though, so I don't mind.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad that they're all healthy and feeling well enough to run around like banjees, but I'm getting too old to be picking up after them!

They're still at it. This morning I found a bunch of plastic forks & spoons laying all over the place..