Daily Thread Monday Jan 5th!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning cat lovers!

Its a milder day today with no snow...which is the weather I like!
I think we are supposed to get a storm on Wednesday though.

We had a good weekend. Saw my family and Josh's family, and on Friday we rented a movie to have some nice alone time. I can't wait for him to move in..it sucks not living together.

Ummmmmmmm, I think I am setting up my new computer this week!
I can't wait!!

I guess thats about it! You guys have a great day!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same to you!

It's almost bed time for me. I've just got dishes from dinner to wash, the bed to make, cats water to top up and I'll play spend at least another hour on TCS.

Today I'll be getting up early going to the gym for the first time ever at 10am with Kieran, might go and see a movie and have some lunch. I'm not supposed to be working tomorrow (should have five days off) but I've got a feeling I'll get called in. I hope not!

Have a great day folks.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Blah back to work after 10 days off.
We've been away for the last 4 days camping, so it's nice to be back home with warm snuggly kitties.
Have a good one everyone!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Blah back to work after 10 days off.
We've been away for the last 4 days camping, so it's nice to be back home with warm snuggly kitties.
Have a good one everyone!
Welcome back. You are such a kiwi - camping! I'm sort of going camping next week but staying in a Bach

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well its a cold one this morning!! -1F(-18C) windchill -14F!!
The glare ice is quite noticeable in the driveway in fact Neil was stuck this morning so he pushed and I tried to drive. We ended up putting a rug under a front tire for traction.
So I bundled up and carefully made my way to my garden shed where I have a 30 gal garbage can full of sand and made several trips and scattered it in the worse spots.
Salt (which I don't have) doesn't work when its this cold. Hopefully that will give me traction when I back out. I did manage some back spots yesterday but not enough.

So did some dishes, folded laundry and organized my closet a bit. Will get ready for work soon.

Have a good day!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning

I am actually sleeping better for now, and going to bed at a reasonable time. Yesterday I was up at 9am, today I got up at 8am.... so I'm impressed.

Not doing a whole lot today. Might run to the library later on. I'm finishing making my chicken stock, and I have to make a vet appt. for Kizzy's check up and HOPEFULLY shots.

I have some snake duties to do today too.... as well as might play on the Wii. I need to get some exercise and we have a couple games that are pretty good for exercise

Happy Monday folks, hope its a good week.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shelter day today. Lookout kitties, here I come!

Cold and rainy.

This afternoon, I have a trip to Houston.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Well its a cold one this morning!! -1F(-18C) windchill -14F!!
The glare ice is quite noticeable in the driveway in fact Neil was stuck this morning so he pushed and I tried to drive. We ended up putting a rug under a front tire for traction.
So I bundled up and carefully made my way to my garden shed where I have a 30 gal garbage can full of sand and made several trips and scattered it in the worse spots.
Salt (which I don't have) doesn't work when its this cold. Hopefully that will give me traction when I back out. I did manage some back spots yesterday but not enough.
The salt substitute we use works great in up to -25F (so it says on the bag) Our typical winters, the temps vary from 5C to -25 -30 C ( not common, most days we're around -15C to -20C on the coldest days).

Anyways, I don't know if you can get it there, but its a great product that does NOT damage concrete. (we put in a stamped colored concrete driveway ummm, 3yrs ago....and did NOT want salt pitting in that
).

Here's the stuff we have:
http://www.dow.com/PublishedLiteratu...romPage=GetDoc

Here's the main page from the company:

http://www.dow.com/calcium/product/

hmmmm, I checked looked for distributor and its only Canadian addresses. Maybe there is a calcium chloride product available in the US, but I have no clue what it would be called.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Well it's snowing right now but not to heavily. Quite mild though so that's okay.
Heading out shortly to run errands I put off over the weekend. I have to go to the drugstore and drop some paperwork off at my lawyers. I am having my will updated and finalizing instructions in case something should happen to me.

My sinus headache finally went away about 8 last night which I am happy about. If they last more then a day or two I usually end up with a sinus infection which I can definitely live without.

The kitties are great this morning, woke me up tearing around the house this morning, even Sassy was participating which is unusual, he generally just watches from the top of the fridge.

Everyone have a good day.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Morning!

Today is back to work for me. But that is ok I'm looking forward to it since I had a busy weekend. after workI think I am going to meet a friend at the gym.

I spent part of my morning playing with my kitties...esp. Tilly she LOVES to get undivided attention in the morning...she waits until my fiance leaves for work then hops up on the bed and snuggles with me for a while.

anyway have a great day everyone!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone! We had snow last night, cold enough to stick once again, but it's mostly melted away this morning, so I'll be driving to work. I contemplated getting up earlier and taking the bus over, but since the roads are clear (of snow and idiots who can't drive in it) I'll be driving. It's about low to mid 40's currently.

I'm only scheduled for a 7 hour shift today... easier on my feet, but stinks for my paycheck. Friday's shift is 6 hours... C'est la Vie! I start school tomorrow, so I'll be running over after work today (or going early tomorrow) to get my parking pass. I can't afford it, but I need it, as street parking there stinks... and student loans haven't come through yet.

Have a great day everyone!

Amanda

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is the last "official" day off......start work at a part time job tomorrow morning, and on an "as needed" basis with hub until we see what the new year brings for the bakery......here's hoping that he's so busy that he has to hire someone part time in a month or so when I go to full time!