Tinker and her babies

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So i made the move today and I am pretty sure it's the right thing. I took the babies to the shelter I visited yesterday and handed to the nicest lady I think i've ever met.

She wrapped them in a warm towel and put them in a big basket. She'll take them home and feed them every two hours.

Tinker is still looking for her babies now but I think this is the best thing for everyone. There's no commitment here. I could go get the babies tomorrow. But there's nothing I 'have' to do. if i think it's best they will raise them and adopt them out.

After seeing the wonderful facilities I have no problems with them being there. I don't think I'm going to bring them here again. there's no reason to get to know this tiny cramped bedroom. they've got MUCH more room there.

So hopefully tinker will relax. I know her little boobies are sore from being full so I rub her belly a lot. she'll get back to normal i'm sure.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure you did the right thing for everyone, including Tink AND the babies. It sounds as though they are in good and skillful hands and now you can get Tink spayed for real. I still think you should contact the vet in PHX and keep after them, now that the kitten burden has been lifted from you. Whatever you paid THEM to do the surgery you should get back plus whatever you put out for their care, etc.

I hate to keep beating that drum, but why should you let them get away with doing that to your baby girl?!

And who knows if they have made the same kind of "mistake" with other pet owners...

Onward and upward!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The babies are so lucky to have you as a grandpa. Anyone less caring and committed would probably not have managed to keep them alive past the second day. Kudos to you, you've given the wee little ones a chance at life with a loving new home
Now its all up to the shelter lady to work her bottle-feeding magic Vibes that all goes well with the little ones, and that Tinker stops feeling sore and is able to get spayed properly soon

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just saw this thread, I know it was probably heartwrenching for you, but you did the best thing for all concerned. Hope Tink is getting better and her boobies are drying up. You did a wonderful job for those babies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah it was tough, but I'm really glad I did it. It wasn't fair to the kittens or tinker for me to be selfish and keep them here just because I loved them. They both had a right to a better upbringing than that.

Tinker is fine now, she doesn't seem in the slightest concerned. But it's funny, from her haivng boobies full of milk she leanred to me rub her belly and massage them to break up the hard lumps. Now, even though the milk is gone, she still rolls over immediately when she's on the bed and starts meowing for me to rub her tummy

Not that i mind a bit.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

Now, even though the milk is gone, she still rolls over immediately when she's on the bed and starts meowing for me to rub her tummy

Not that i mind a bit.
Awww...she knows when she's got a good thing going.

I'm glad Tinker's feeling better and I just wanted to say that I really think you did the best for those kittens and for Tinker. I know you know that, but I just wanted to say it.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she loves it now. She comes up and lays on me when i'm on the bed, then when i touch her belly she flops over
it's cute. And of course I'd sit there for hours if she wanted to. but she falls asleep then i stop so i don't wake her up

I'll try the face cloth today!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

she loves it now. She comes up and lays on me when i'm on the bed, then when i touch her belly she flops over
it's cute. And of course I'd sit there for hours if she wanted to. but she falls asleep then i stop so i don't wake her up

Yeah, a nice warm compress will feel good to her I'm sure.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm so happy she is doing well. It sounds like things are finally getting back to normal.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yup she's great. and I got in to get her spayed (correctly) tomorrow! for only $15.00

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

yup she's great. and I got in to get her spayed (correctly) tomorrow! for only $15.00
That is really great! I don't mean to harp but any headway on the idiot that didn't spay her, but charged for it?

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sending out a certified letter to them today. I've got a friend who's an attorney so that's the best way to approach it according to her. keep it all documented.

Also, I checked in on the babies today since I was across the street, they're all doing really good!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

wow, that's awesome

for a speedy recovery from the spay tommorrow.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck to Tinker and you!

(And yes, totally go after the wing-nut that was supposed to have spayed her in the first place! Totally uncalled for!!!)

You did the right thing by leaving the care up to this lady. It was best for everyone involved, so pat yourself on the back for a great decision. Hopefully she'll give you updates on their progress!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck with the spay tomorrow, I know she'll recover well with you as her caregiver.

I am sure it will be hard not to have kittens running around, but remember you did right by them and all involved. You will sleep better knowing they are warm, fed and loved at least till their permanent homes are found.